The Art of Zig Zag

silky fox

I got the impression that Petzl did a lot of r&d on the zz before launch.

This sounds more like a production qc issue. Perhaps someone could take it on themselves to collate all the serial / batch numbers to see if there is a batch which causes the damage. :001_huh:

I don't have one and can't really be arsed but don't mind doing collating numbers I suppose if no one else wants to....:001_tongue::001_smile:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the impression that Petzl did a lot of r&d on the zz before launch.

This sounds more like a production qc issue. Perhaps someone could take it on themselves to collate all the serial / batch numbers to see if there is a batch which causes the damage. :001_huh:

I don't have one and can't really be arsed but don't mind doing collating numbers I suppose if no one else wants to....:001_tongue::001_smile:

Would be interesting if its from the same supplier and within the same batch.

I got mine from frjones and believe it was the first batch they received, but I'm not having any of these problems which others are having and love climbing on it

Sent using fones4hobbits

Run mine on tachyon and did comment after first climb I thought it would be hard on the rope as had a lot of fluff on the zz and ran a spider before.

Though not seen any excessive damage to the rope but I am still taking it steady and no heroics till I get to grips with it.

Are the damage as a result of ambitious speeds?

Is it as said from not flowing in properly.

Certainly looks like there is an issue of some sort but so many variables I think it will be hard to pin down..

Had my first climb on a zigzag today. I was pretty impressed with the intuitive nature of it coming from a hitchclimber setup. All was going swimmingly till I got absolutely flogged by bees 30 odd metres up a large euc. I hauled ass out of there using my petzl rig on my access line and now the zigzag is sitting up the tree overnight in a swarm of pissed off bees.:001_huh:

Had my first climb on a zigzag today. I was pretty impressed with the intuitive nature of it coming from a hitchclimber setup. All was going swimmingly till I got absolutely flogged by bees 30 odd metres up a large euc. I hauled ass out of there using my petzl rig on my access line and now the zigzag is sitting up the tree overnight in a swarm of pissed off bees.:001_huh:

Crap mate that sounds bad, any hit you, used my zigzag twice really like mine pretty intuitive as you said.

Out of interest, has anyone any feed back on using it on a sopping wet day? You know the type of day that your rope starts nice and dry and clean, and ends up shooting lovely brown freezing water up your arm when descending?

Is it still a smooth, tend as well etc? Thoughts appreciated as it's always raining over here!

Out of interest, has anyone any feed back on using it on a sopping wet day? You know the type of day that your rope starts nice and dry and clean, and ends up shooting lovely brown freezing water up your arm when descending?

Is it still a smooth, tend as well etc? Thoughts appreciated as it's always raining over here!

Oh yes I've had that thick diaretic slush oozing from it and have to say it works just as well in the wet as the dry.