Busy Fools

Essex arborist

Doesn't every industry and busniess up and down the country suffer from busy fools? Surely its been going on from beginning of time, its business. And we are are a bad economic state, so what do people expect? Just charge what you are happy with and forget about others, agricultural contracting (my game) is horrendous for busy fools, guys going out with 45k of tractor and hedge cutter for £20 a hour just to be doing something. But absolutely no point in worrying about these types, do a good efficient job at sensible price and you WILL get repeat custom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth hurts, I get so pi$ of with people who need their hands held.

Yes, this is a friendly forum but its business. Alex m used to work for Danabor and Waveney two of my main competitors I don't want him knowing my pricing (just using you as an example Alex nothing personal:001_smile:)

If you don't know what boots are best or what saw is best for climbing, I will give my opinion.

Want me to tell you how price jobs, and what I charge. Get real

How do the rest of you have the patience for this?:confused1:

Work hard charge what you need to and realise that you will make mistakes, like everyone else on here with a business.

Why do we fall, sir?

So that we can learn to pick OURSELVES up.

Batman

emphasis on ourselves, it up to you

Yes but you cant blame people if you dont ask dont get. There is a lot of people on the net desperate to pass on their knowledge to their virtual friends. If someone is prepared to lie face down in the mud so you dont get mud on your boots should you stop them. :001_smile:

Doesn't every industry and busniess up and down the country suffer from busy fools? Surely its been going on from beginning of time, its business. And we are are a bad economic state, so what do people expect? Just charge what you are happy with and forget about others, agricultural contracting (my game) is horrendous for busy fools, guys going out with 45k of tractor and hedge cutter for £20 a hour just to be doing something. But absolutely no point in worrying about these types, do a good efficient job at sensible price and you WILL get repeat custom

Very true I've been in agriculture all my life whilst also sidelining in firewood and landscaping, and all 3 are full of busy fools, the fencing job for years now, I will probably get 1 in 10 jobs price for as theres always someone willing to work for nowt, as I've always said I can sit at home and earn nowt without killing myself, what you charge depends on what level of lifestyle you want, you can work your arse off to pay for shiny new kit and panic everytime you get a quiet spell or use older well maintained stuff work for a reasonable wage , it all depends what you want there is no right and wrong, at the end of the day be grateful you have a roof over your head and food in your belly :001_cool:

The fat bloke down the pub, well his brother once knew a guy whose friend used to charge........

Too much heresay. Different people, different circumstances, different everything.

Just keep being professional and have the confidence to charge the right rates. Professionals know what they are worth. If you've put something away for the dodgy season of quiet telephones there is no need to panic or drop prices.

If I can't make enough profit (ALL expenses allowed for) to make more than I could working for someone else why should I bother???

Thats just me - If someone just wants cheapo all the time I'm not going to slave away for them. Rather do a days voluntary work at the local hospice.