Adding 2 stroke oil to diesel fuel

GardenKit

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running two stroke at 1 oz/gallon in all my trucks for a few years now. I've noticed a quietter running engine, and the added piece of mind that my injectors are being lubricated.

Not any old two stroke though, it has to be ashless. A local chain store sells a specific brand that was tested in the study. I think I pay about $11 per gallon.

Here is a study, I'm guessing you will have different brands where you are. I'm using #7, best bang for the buck for me.

HFRRtesting.jpg

Interesting table. Does number 4 not offer better results for less money?

I`ve got a mate who adds 2 stroke oil to his golf tdi, and say there`s a definite improvement in his mpg, he stoped using it for a while and said the mpg droped off, started using again and the mpg got better again.

I`ve got a massey ferguson 135, which the injector pump was a little suspect, the tractor stood for a long time dry of fuel. basically once the engine was warm, it did`nt tick over well, the last 12months i`ve been adding about 150ml of 2 stroke oil to the tank at refueling, and it runs a lot better on tick over.

When I started this thread I did not know what to expect, but thanks to the replies, both positive and negative, I have added 200ml to my Transit.

It does seem quieter, but thats probably in my imagination.

I will keep you informed.

Thanks all.

About 10 years ago I was towing about 3 tonne of trailer with our disco 300 tdi late at night and did not realise I was so low on fuel luckily I was not in this country. The fuel light had just come on so about 10 litres left I found a 10 litre can of new engine oil in the boot. I thought I may get to the ferry with a bit of smoke so in it went. I was surprised to find more power better mpg and absolutely no smoke. Towing we used to get about 20mpg so 10 litres about 50 miles. I filled up after 60 miles and still no light. I would say engine oil has similar benefits and its designed to be in the engine ( although not in that area in quantity) Just watch the mix ratio especially this time of year.