pick up

carpenter1

The new ford rangers have one of the best towing capacity on the market,

Isuzu has the potential for best mpg figures,

Mitsubushi are ok-ish but look a bit hairdresser-ish,

Navara well it seems they a bit like marmite u either love em or hate em, I wouldnt have one cause I know of a few local ones that given trouble big time but am sure your aware of that,

Hilux had one myself and loved it but let down by rubbish towing capacity.

Myself it would be either ranger or the rodeo.

sent from my office in the field via s3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a new shape 3.0ltr Hilux crewcab and I love it pulls really well with a trailer. Fairly good on fuel about 30mpg. The new satnav/touchscreen Bluetooth rear camera thing is really handy. I used to love land rovers but I don't think I would ever go back to one. Loads of space in the cab and comfortable on long drives and for a big truck goes fairly quick!

New or used? Budget? They all have pros and cons - like Steve I'm on my second Navara and think they are great, but both have had a few faults fixed under warranty. I also run an old shape Ranger (same as the Mazda) which i bought with over 100k miles on and I am really pleased with it - it's basic but seems well put together (I have heard other people slate them). I also have a Land Rover 110 HiCap that I have run for 10 years - it has had a very hard life and owes me nothing, but is unbeatable off road and takes the abuse very well (scratches and dents seem to add to its character somehow). I wouldn't choose it for a journey more than 20 miles though - it's got big wheels/tyres and is horrible to drive on the road (and is crap at towing anything heavy - although you'll never hear a Land Rover fan admitting to that!).

I've got a crew cab l200 and I find it's great for family use but not as good as hilux as a workhorse, fuel economy seems to average 30-40 if driven carefully but as most others have said take a test drive and see what your personal preference is. Mine was mostly chosen as being used for work and family use on the room in the back for kids/dog etc.

I don't think theres a huge amount in it to be honest...you'll hear negative and positive comments about all of them. My advice would be to pick the one you like the shape of the most :)

For the record, I am on my second Navara now and am very happy with them

which navara the d40 or d22 i have the d22 yd25 engine and they go bang as mine did cost 5k to have it repaired so beware of d22 yd 25 models unless it has a new engine.

as other posts what you need it for. toyota are good bomb proof but find a second hand one like hens teeth. keep there price. ford/mazda good trucks.

look at there payload,towing capacity.engine size, double cab king cab.

its endless some of the trucks when you look into them big truck but poor for towing. and poor payload. new VW aroak only a 2ltr engine for a big truck one of the biggest i seen why such a small engine.

Ranger all the way, with the new engine,towing cap and highest wade depth clearance id have a test drive bud

How dare you?!?! You're never coming in my Mazda again!! Ha ha

I've got a Mazda B2500, single cab, 2WD ( 4WD models are available). I use it for work and personal transport. Been impressed with it.