Depressed after Christmas

butler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...that's very honest of you butler...you are in the GREATEST EVER time of the year in order to make a change!! I know it's only a number...a date but it's our calendar and we run our lives around it(so to speak)....my advice? For what it's worth. START A THREAD THAT BRINGS YOUR PROBLEM FULL AND SQUARE ON TO THIS SITE! Like i did...it changed my life and gave me what i sought...it could do the same for you!:)

Had real problems in 2012 over my self esteem as I've been obese now for a couple of years, any thoughts suggestions ? Would really appreciated Steve blairs thoughths as he sounds like a sound guy

Exercise, sell the range rover and get a bike, go back to climbing more. (Sorry I don't know much of your situation)

Basically, all things medical considered, if you are in good health, just use more callories than you take in. Result is weight loss.

Good luck, now is the time to start.

With a new year arising, u can start a fresh in your thinking about eating and exercise

Start small and work from there.

Even if its not having takeouts and have a salad at lunch start with some fruit and a little light exercise. Give anything ago from walking, swimming, riding, dancing get involved with any local clubs and or cooking courses to broaden your knowledge with both mind body and food.

I wish you the best of luck and pm me if you need some ideas on exercises etc, ill be happy to help

All the best for your new challenges and new year that lay ahead

Dan

Top post Silky,& another thought,people who have a low self esteem are most often decent sensitive & kind individuals.

Maybe try to isolate the root causes in writing,& learn ways to deal with them,this will bounce along the line & improve your self value,as you will realise you are in control of whats toxic to you.:001_smile:

Butler, you could try being your own groundy, that should sweat a few pounds off as well as getting your lardy ass out of totally unecessary vehicle and onto 2 wheels. Try to pedal around the island to do a few quotes!

Also, come over here for a busmans holiday for a couple of days and see how the amateurs do it...hhh!:001_rolleyes:

Seriously, I'll pick you up from St Malo, put you up and let you laugh at our efforts in the trees. I could do with a kick up the ass myself!

Chin up and remember my offer.

Ty

Health professional would be. the right start.

Getting a training plan in place is the second.

I don't know your situation either. But if health is good otherwise and you find that you are in an office all day make time to do some training. Either join a gym and get going or get your own exercise machine and spend an hour on it in he evening.

Just before bed or shower is always good. An hour a day makes all the difference.

Sounds like self esteem will play a big part on going to a gym, but you will find that most people at a gym have no time to notice anyone big as they are too busy doing what they are doing.

A running machine or rowing machines are the best at getting a few pounds off as its all cardio vascular work and really makes the body work for it.