Depressed after Christmas

butler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recomend having a complete physical, unless you have already had one recently and hirer a personel trainer to get you on track to loose the weight you must and establish a plan to make this your primary goal. If the PT is worth his or her Salt they will work out a plan of attack and remember its not about anyone else except yourself. Make this work for yourself, remember this will not be easy. You can have all the material things that ones life can afford and not afford, but in the final analysis if you do not have your health you have nothing. FYI you can and will loose the weight and have a completly different perspective on life and living once you make the decision and follow through!.

easy-lift guy

Find yourself a hobby to help loose the weight, this is just a suggestion but cycling is a good one. I've been doing it for years and its such a nice feeling to go and put 20-30 miles on a cross country route, this also gives you peaceful and tranquil time alone to think things through. Certainly helps me when I'm feeling a bit low

Get a bike. Start by riding around the block. Then do a couple miles... But always push yourself to go further. It is a low impact excercise. I lost 50 lbs last year, and although not obese, I needed to loose some weight. So five years after dealing with a rare form of cancer/ surgery, radiation and chemotherapy... I rode over 5,000 miles this year and climbed over 500,000 vertical feet. So it is possible! If you need inspiration google "Ernest Gagnon" he is an overweight cyclist that started at 550lbs (or there about) and has lost 200 lbs. Whatever you do- have fun doing it... The rest will be easy!! (And when you start climbing it will be SO much easier!)

Butler does not come over as being overtly religious...:confused1:

There again, I don't read everything on here.

This morning I don't want to go to to work.

I'm tired, a little low in spirit, weary of this weather and the knowledge that I pay 72% minimum 'tax' on 100% of my salary.

Just how the French Connection U.K (FCUK) am I going to every get ahead here?

So Butler, your not alone with your troubles but they are yours and yours to share.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan
What's it to you nosey...?

If you want something badly enough....you will achieve it. We can be supportive on here, but we can't get out there and do it for you. If this is a genuine plea, then post a pic of yourself (if your low self -esteem allows it) and then post yourself exercising, scales with the numbers dropping away week by week. Others shared with their quitting smoking, some succeeded, others stopped for a while, but it helps.

Are you really obese, or just piled on a couple of pounds in your luxury penthouse, either way you want to get trim again, but one may be harder shift than the other.

butler i have suffered from the same thing as you my weights all over the place you have to stop and i mean stop eating carbs> spuds pasta rice bread sugar fizzy pop sweets etc but eat salads fruit fish meat etc asi lost 8.6 stone and your energy will zoom and you will start to feel better in your own wellbeing and start to do more anyway the only problem i have is confidence that affects my motivation in a big way and stops me from contact with the outside world etc so i got myself a hobby i fixup old valve radios as it make me feel useful to get and old radio working again when i cant sleep i just go in my shed and potter about doing nothin most of the time and if you want to cry just do it as i do very very regular on my own i get really down good luck anyway you will get better again one day just hang on to the positives stop being negative and things will pick up i promise but its uphill all the way and just by talking openly on here helped me out there a good bunch of lads