loading a chipper

Charleton Chips

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmmmm2: You know when you look at something so often you can visulise everthing about it till someone asks you something about it then:questionmark:

I think its a 8 400.

Heavy lump that loves eating timber.

some typical interesting spelling in my last post sorry.

We do a lot of wetland clearance, and the system can take really high sustained loadings whist removing roots etc with no issues.

Eddie.

Eddie, That grab is a tidy piece of kit, and in some wonderful hands in the video!

Could you enlighten us as to what you are at in the video,

thanks

Rods

Thats a tidy setup you have there Eddie! I was looking at an 8 tonne excavator but went for a 6 tonner mainly due to price and it could fit onto my multi purpose trailer. Who sells those grabs looks neat... Guessing the wide tracks are alot more stable and good in wet areas! 13 tonne machine be too big in woodlands where as 8 tonne machine more nimble...

Here's mine Doosan DX60R With JPM multi purpose trailer bought from Jack @ Mason Bros.

up in scotland i think its john craig at ruskie that sells the engcon gear

Yes the Engcon and all the Low Ground Pressure mods were supplied by John Craig. He's the UK's top Tiltrotator guy and really knows his stuff.

Very kind words Rod and the purpose was to clear a wetland on a National Nature Reserve in preparation for some habitat creation works.

They wanted all roots removed as they will maintain the area with a 'Softrak' which runs on some pretty easily damaged rubber tracks.

I was fortunate enough to excavate the large ditch on a second phase of the project to create the required feature, and again the Engcon system allowed me to form the required shape with minimal machine movements on what was very soft ground.

The reserves manager took a great shot with a fancy camera that joins the pics up?

Eddie.

DSCF0154.jpg.c6feba4beef58fa165365b149c633742.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg.a17221926c73f3011879a8717f2a1eea.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg.e511e312484a4bd6b912cc3e928da8d1.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg.72b2db4d5bdbaf19226a43486eb82628.jpg

Image.jpg.86e4f550816927296db055ea7825da8e.jpg