Hitch Hiker thread.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Received my new hitch hiker and tether from tree stuff today. No extra charges from customs which I was surprised at and straight to my door. Iv'e been climbing on the rope wrench for ages and love it but fancied a change so caved in after reading this thread and seeing all the good feedback from those who have bought the HH. Well impressed so far although it seemed a bit 'clunky' at first. After a few sharp descents it became a lot smoother. I thought installing the pulley onto the harness ring might be a pain and clunk around but actually works really well and a very simple way of improving slack tend/fair lead. Really like the idea of hitch above device as found sometimes the wrench doesn't quite provide enough friction and my hitch 'binds' up due to me being a heavy lump I reckon. They also sent me some stickers which are adorning my motorbike panniers! Cheers all at treestuff.com:thumbup1: for excellent service.

Be even better with a spiderjack, how did he attach it to the HH do you think?

I think the spiderjack would pull to one side. I think it's off set but the positioner is in line. I wasn't keen on my positioner because it doesn't release and slide smoothly. More like jerks. It looks like he's put the longer handle of the spiderjack onto the positioner hasn't he? I'll definitely be giving this a go with my HH though.