Hitch Hiker thread.

I had a look at beeline hitch cord yesterday after suspicions that it had badly glazed after a big climb the other day and it was so switched over to some hrc today which seemed to be much better, it did not bind up at all and didn't get hot good cord for anyone on cougar

Throw it in the wash it'll look like new , beeline lasts very well , there's no way you could burn it out in one climb .

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

DMc just brought up a good point on another thread so I thought i'd post it here.

He suggested to start your hitch wraps towards the spine of the HH because it holds the dog bone closer.

I remembered that it took me ages to realise that last year!

The photo in the link below is of wraps the 'other' way.

The #1 Arborist / Tree Climbing Forum, Bar, and Grill - Enjoy the buffet and libations!

Hi Al, got myself a pinto yesterday, looking forward to having a blast with it tomorrow!

Could you take a screen shot of the wraps the other way from the link you posted? It just takes me to the home page.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think I may have found it. Is it just saying you should wrap the cord the same way as the instructions tell you too, not the other way?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yep, I think so.

From the dog bone, direct the first wrap around your rope by passing the hitch cord over the HH spine first.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

DMc just brought up a good point on another thread so I thought i'd post it here.

He suggested to start your hitch wraps towards the spine of the HH because it holds the dog bone closer.

I remembered that it took me ages to realise that last year!

The photo in the link below is of wraps the 'other' way.

The #1 Arborist / Tree Climbing Forum, Bar, and Grill - Enjoy the buffet and libations!

The dog bone looks different to mine, much smaller at the ends & rounded - is that a recent modification?

• 3 weeks later...