Qualifications Importance.

telhol

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dig at the things you have to do to be AA approved.

Mostly bull.

Why is what the AA expect classed as Bullshit? I know its a high standard, but I see nothing in its requirements that is BS.

It may not apply to 1 man bands, but why should'nt it be a high standard?

It should be based on practical skill and not how you run your business

Really? I think how you run your business should be a major part. I get sick and tired of people on here whinging about cowboys and pikeys, and yet whinging about the high standards of the Arb Association.

I'm not saying that you should HAVE to join the AA approved contractor scheme, but surely we should appreciate the fact that they are trying to raise standards within the industry.

Edited by Mr Ed

I agree Ed - I think many Arb companies have some serious catching up to do in terms of offering a level of professionalism that is expected and delivered in most other industries.

However, from the little I know of the AA assessment schedule to become an approved contractor it seems that quite a bit of the criteria is either fairly irrelevant (i know this may be subjective) or unattainable for small companies which seems unfair.

Why is what the AA expect classed as Bullshit? I know its a high standard, but I see nothing in its requirements that is BS.

QUOTE]

a little AA bull-need coshh assesments for the printers ink cartridge in the office, assesor turns up on site- large ash reduction over busy road, wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandles-no hiviz, no steelys, no hard hat, not bothered by the tree work, or top notch chapter8, but that the inside of the lorry is dusty, lunch boxes on the dash, not enough eyewash.

diddnt like the fact that the saws were dirty and scratched

firms that passed years ago, when standards wernt so high, still have their certification, even though would easily fail now. even the assesor said its extremely uncommon, almost unheard of for AA status to be removed

but AA aproval does open up lots of doors, 6 of one, half dozen of the other

You want to jump through hoops when they tell you , you go ahead mate. Your welcome :001_tt1:

If you can work to the standards they require every minute of every day you are working then good on you, but I can bet my life on it you don't.

It's no good jumping through hoops and then as soon as they turn their back you revert to "normal" practice, and I emphasise normal, it makes a mockery of the scheme if you do.

We ALL know we can't work to those standards ALL the time, it's impossible for private work, you would be out of business overnight.

I won't argue it will hold you in good stead for Council work or Commercial work. But I still think there are far too many elements of it that are rediculously stupid and why should you keep getting reassessed??

and if you have a hgv licence you will have to do mandatry training as of next year or you will lose your licence

Quite right too!!!!

A truck driver wiped out an entire family of six a few weeks ago!

Please inform me of the number of fatality's of OTHERS that tree surgeons have been responsible for?

I would really like to read a haulers Risk Assessment !

Driving is their "work" so they must have to do one, how do they mitigate the risks of taking a 44 toner on the road with cars, bikes and pedestrians!!!

Why don't they have to have a second driver? who could watch the first driver to see he is awake! and paying proper attention! and obeying driving regs!

Planes have to have a co-pilot, we a supposed to have a second climber, so why not truckers?

I'll tell you why!! Because they are a large industry with money so they have power and pay for lobbying!!

WE are a tiny industry with no clowt!, so we just get pushed around!!

(you can't beat a good rant on a Sunday morning)