ash dieback on the itv news at 6 tonight

Rik

Saw Anglia news on ITV they said 92% of ash trees have been looked at now, how the hell has anybody / party done this I have not seen any body walking footpaths near me looking at trees. Also goverment is looking at problems with other trees as well??? This was on the national news.

It's now confirmed down my way in Sussex, i have also learned tonight that Bartlett have apparently got a cure, it's licensed in the US but not in Europe. They were at a meeting today trying to get emergency permision to use it.

oh god no no no

whats this all about, anyone got a link to info, please,please please found it

Ash dieback: government urged to fast-track trials of 'cure' | ash dieback News | The Week UK

this is a poor idea IMO

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Government decision expected Friday.

Hope it's not a knee-jerk 'fell everything, burn on site and wash your tools and boots' one.

Dr. Percival was touting some injection system, but it's just another weapon in the potential armoury against this disease.

We as arbs have a duty of care to our trees, and hopefully we will review everything on a case-by-case basis and not get sucked into a 'we'll all be millionaires Rodney' mentality.

And that's rich coming from Mark 'felling is my first option' Bolam!

Edited by Mark Bolam
Apostrophe in wrong place. Damn my English teachers!