Potential ANCIENT tree removal

Ross Smith

The beeches either side of this property are magnificent trees, both have issues that one may expect of over or late mature fagus, to the left an impressive triple stem suspected bundle planting, whos size is not appreciated in the following images but i can tell you now, its one of the widest canopies and biggest beeches by volume I've ever seen, and ive seen some of the countries best. To the right is another twin stemmed was triple but one either removed or failed some decades prior, maybe the mid 80's, the decay column is very stable but being sandwiched between the union of the other two stems well within reach of the property the need is obvious. Why am i bothering to illustrate THIS case? because both trees have as much if not more structural issues than the one being removed in this thread. These trees are also highly relevant same species and current on the to do list! You see, im doing this stuff all the time, not just here and there, that damaged rep of mine doesnt seem to be putting folk off contacting me for THESE situations.:001_rolleyes:

I am entitled to say when I think someone is talking rubbish on such matters, yes i am full of it, and yes I do think im bloody good at it, and if you think felling is a cover all situation for trees that are so integrated into the landscape your in no position to be slinging mud patties about of that there is no arguments.

When some monkey tries to tell me there is no option but to fell, he best accept he is going to get some flak cos its RUBBISH!

I will update this as we progress with the job, and I will ask the owner of these trees for a response to the work.

I am going to be reducing these trees, not uba heavy, but heavy enough to keep dysfunction to adaptable limits wherever there is a lead exiting from BOTH sides of a stem each arm will be reduced by the drop crotch method to that point and the remaining crown reduced for good form.

they will also have loose GEFA cabling installed to take the future loading as the crowns wieght re builds to take the buffeting on the bundle planted unions which are never as good as a same tree weld

[ATTACH]105466[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105470[/ATTACH]

This decay cavity is approaching T/R criteria limits, it doesnt appear that big, but the entrance is at least 18 inches across, this is a BIG stem and this defect is at the half way point.

[ATTACH]105471[/ATTACH]

Groan, bow head, Shake head

Halfwit!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic