Potential ANCIENT tree removal

Ross Smith

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see your misshap, makes a tough job all the more tough, bit of poly rot in first order limbs then.

Theres a lot of wood in that there tree, she is way bigger than she appears in the shots.

Thanks tony and yes she was a full house for sure

Really didn't enjoy seeing this one go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Branch decay though eh Mark.

Juries still out on the basal issue.

It's not just basal decay thats the problem with trees this size though is it, I noticed on one of the pics looking down the tree yesterday that one of those monster scaffolds had quite a large diameter of decay at the branch/stem junction.

Its difficult to get a true perspective on the size from pictures but I am guessing a scaffold limb that size is getting on for a Tonne in weight, not something one wants to see letting go when Mrs Smith walks past with her pushchair.

Excellent work so far though Ross, very professional and by the book takedown despite the wall, which incidentaly does demonstrate what even a small pice of that leviathan can do when gravity takes over

It's not just basal decay thats the problem with trees this size though is it, I noticed on one of the pics looking down the tree yesterday that one of those monster scaffolds had quite a large diameter of decay at the branch/stem junction.

Its difficult to get a true perspective on the size from pictures but I am guessing a scaffold limb that size is getting on for a Tonne in weight, not something one wants to see letting go when Mrs Smith walks past with her pushchair.

Excellent work so far though Ross, very professional and by the book takedown despite the wall, which incidentaly does demonstrate what even a small pice of that leviathan can do when gravity takes over

However none had begun to cavitate

I would have lied about the strop and said a big limb fell off when you looked at it funny....

I've rebuilt flint walls for Rob before, p-o-p, especially as the coping is undamaged.

I'll do it for £590.

It's a deal

See u 8am sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just basal decay thats the problem with trees this size though is it,

Quite right of course,

although I think that with a tree of this age we'd all agree it was always a given that the scaffolds would house a degree of decay.

Putting the potential basal issue aside, I believe there would of been scope to manage this tree in this situation by reducing the sail volume and size.

Heritage urban tree with no heritage cash to help conserve and manage it for the benefit of the community.

Quite right of course,

although I think that with a tree of this age we'd all agree it was always a given that the scaffolds would house a degree of decay.

Putting the potential basal issue aside, I believe there would of been scope to manage this tree in this situation by reducing the sail volume and size.

Heritage urban tree with no heritage cash to help conserve and manage it for the benefit of the community.

Thats a good comment, question is how do we get heritage money in this situation?