Husky 550XP

axman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hodge were did your starter cases break?? Mine broke today on the 560 but I know Sam has a habit of pulling so hard and and does not stop untill it hits the bump! Plus he was not using the decomp.

My 560 starter case broke where the starter coil is screwed onto the starter case and also the 2 pins that engage the fly wheel broke off too. I always use the de comp button but when the the saw is warm and is a bitch to start sometimes it pops out and you don't notice.

Due to circumstances beyond my control,i have been unable to respond , however without reverting to a duel to the death,you could be right and you could be wrong.Husky did market the 365 as an xp in some markets i believe, but then i am probably wrong as is often the case,

My local dealer who sold me the saw didnt know you had to set to auto tune at all! he never reads instruction apparently. what hope is there of getting them to do a software update??!

According the instructions! the warm start, still put switch into choke position then immediately push down to start throttle setting, decomp, purge 6 times. then pull, then swear that it wont bloody start again!

Reduce coil gap by about .1mm don't brim the tank and cut some wood bar length for about 10mins to let the carb sort it's self out. As recommend by a husky man I saw Tuesday there will be a tech sheet sent to dealers.

So I was not reading it wrong in the hand book about setting auto tune ? I still find hot start is better if you don't touch the red lever ( don;t put it on half throttle ) and only one pump of primer . All other saws used to hot start from tickover and this one does too .

• 2 weeks later...