Im after a beagle pup

andrew t

We are currently tucked up in bed with our latest recruit from the local pound..............soundly snoring between us.

Having spent all afternoon keeping the Mrs warm on the couch.

A mostly boxer bitch with the sweetest dispositon and temperment, and very good with other dogs.

No-one else wanted her, one lot tried her and threw her back.

I have christened her Pieface much to the wifes disgust:lol:

I only brought her home Friday past evening and she settled straight in.

Others from the pound I will admit have not been so good but my last 3 picks have been 100%.

We keep 4 to 6 at any one time on a rolling replen basis, mind they have a tendency to live to 12 or 15.

Nowt like a bit o hybrid vigour.

PS

Enjoy the pup

cheers

marcus

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have found someone who breeds beagles and we are going to wait until her next load are ready going to be about 6 months in that time I am going to do more research on the breed cheers for everyones help and will have pics on the day we go and see the pups for the first time :thumbup:

Do you think their is any chance we could look at them tomorrow we did have someone who was going to breed some for us but if these are ready to go I would like to have a look at these . where does he live in springfield my wife works at the chinese their .:thumbup1:

Not trying to put you off at all but a good friend of mine got a beagel at the same time we got our dog and in comparison it is insane!! He had no idea how much exercise it would need and it's almost chewed through his kitchen wall!! He had its conkers taken off and it did nothing!! Ha ha!! Think if you're firm from the off you should be fine!!

Its all about realising and understanding what you have got from the outset . I spoke to Andrew at length on this on the misfits forum :biggrin:

Remember , Beagles are bred to catch their prey by running them to exhaustion ( this may take all day ) so thats an incling into what may lie ahead . Physical and mental stimulation the most important ingredients for a contented animal imo . I'm so bloody jealous it hurts :thumbup1:

Cheers for all your advice I have always been up for a challenge I will take the rough with the smooth . I have 3 kids they would give the dog a run for its money their all mad so I think he will fit right in. Can't wait for long family walks .Also we supply a local kennels for free with woodchip and he has said I can take my dog there for free.I said to my wife we could call it Jeremy she went mental lol.