reported to council!!!

simonm

in the last 3 years i`v had mike from the council round 3 times so far & he`s coming again on tuesday for his fourth visit!

he`s a decent guy who understands i`m the victim in all this jealous neighbour rubbish

i dont understand why the neighbours are jealous of my old van & my happy go lucky life style????????

dont worry about the council man coming to have a look around he knows the score & will see that you only have enough wood for your own use

if the sign is on private land theres not really anything the council can do about it

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just check with local planning department about the size of signs roadside, I know our local council have a purge on them now and again, clearing roadside clutter.

same here in milton keynes.. here at the parks trust we have to apply for permission to put signs in our own parks if there over a certain size

The local plant nursery has just started buying cord in an processing it and I know for a fact mine are cheaper. I think its them who has had a moan because he can't come close to my prices! I wouldn't mind but I've been selling logs way before they even thought about trying it! Makes me laugh how some people do anything to try and drop you in it!

Planners can either be okay or make your life an absolute nightmare. I’d just add a few points:

Make sure your sign is smaller than 0.3metres squared (I think that is the size below which planning permission is not required).

Check the minutes of the local parish council – sometimes they’re the ones who start things.

If the planner appears to be ‘cool’ with it, it doesn’t actually mean that they actually are.

If things aren’t resolved after one visit then a quick email to your local mp describing the situation and that you are just trying to earn a living, also follow up with a letter to your local paper (let the mp know you’ve sent a copy of the letter to the paper) who love this sort of story, and might just get you some free advertising and will probably only take 15 minutes work.

Simonm, you have contradicted yourself quite successfully already since you started this thread. How can people advise you properly if you are selective with the truth? re signing, size of signs and distance from the highway, re:planning, yes you should apply for change of use. Like it or not, the plant nursery is probably with his planning consent, and you are not, who is wrong here?

Ignore this stupid post of mine, see later post!

Edited by Andy Collins

Simonm, you have contradicted yourself quite successfully already since you started this thread. How can people advise you properly if you are selective with the truth? re signing, size of signs and distance from the highway, re:planning, yes you should apply for change of use. Like it or not, the plant nursery is probably with his planning consent, and you are not, who is wrong here?

Confused:

Maybe it is me who has misread the opening post, in which case I stand corrected, I then confused it with your later post. :blushing: I can see how the planner may see it though. You are advertising selling logs at your property, and you have a supply of logs at your property (for your own use). They are not to know that you have logs stored elsewhere for sale. They have made an assumption based on what they can see, rightly or wrongly.

Once again, apologies if I jumped in there wrongly, Simon. :001_smile: