Rates of pay?

Treeman1

How long was the boot on the other foot before you took the leap huck ?

I dare bet my life that there are many on here that moaned and winged about their pay before they had the guts/ money to go it alone.

I never moaned I just moved on, I always detested the way lads would sit round at lunch and bitch about the bosses.

I was cleaning windows before tree work on £30 a day self-employed, I became a ground on £30 a day and when I started climbing on £60 I felt like a millionaire :biggrin: (always self-employed)

I soon realised I could run my own show and have not looked back.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense, the boot was on the other foot, so we went and started our own businesses in order to provide a good living for our families.

Anyone else is free to do the same.

well said :thumbup: For what its worth i bet half of us on here running a company and being out on site every day earn less than than our staff .

How long was the boot on the other foot before you took the leap huck ?

I dare bet my life that there are many on here that moaned and winged about their pay before they had the guts/ money to go it alone.

Can you not get it that people are allowed to have an opinion without constantly arguing with it?

People are thankfully free to have an opinion in the same way someone can go off and work for someone else/himself if he is not happy. Nobody knows everything or has all the right answers.

Edited by Stephen Blair

So like i said, alot under 20k after tax, for someone self employed.

Whats ya point ?

Point is £500 per week is £23,000 , pretty close to a £25,000 annual salary. I don't see why tax is anything to do with it, we all (should) pay tax.

We can compare freelance salaries with employed annual salaries both within arb and in other industries.

A quick look on earborist shows a job for a utility climber at £19,000, therefore a freelancer earning £100 a day is £4,000 a year better off, then the employed climber.

£23,000 is apparently the average for a graduate job.

Can you not get it that people are allowed to have an opinion without constantly arguing with it?

People are thankfully free to have an opinion in the same way someone can go off and work for someone else/himself if he is not happy. Nobody knows everything or has all the right answers.

Opinions are like aresholes, weve all got one...i'll keep mine if you can keep yours :biggrin:

Point is £500 per week is £23,000 , pretty close to a £25,000 annual salary. I don't see why tax is anything to do with it, we all (should) pay tax.

We can compare freelance salaries with employed annual salaries both within arb and in other industries.

A quick look on earborist shows a job for a utility climber at £19,000, therefore a freelancer earning £100 a day is £4,000 a year better off, then the employed climber.

£23,000 is apparently the average for a graduate job.

My missus works in the water industry......No graduate (at her company) starts on less than £30k a year

My missus works in the water industry......No graduate (at her company) starts on less than £30k a year

my missus works in a bank , she started there on 15.5 k a year , four years later she earns 27k and has the responsibility of investing 1000's of other peoples money for them , often its the case that she is investing a retired persons life savings or the proceeds of a loved ones estate etc if she were to go to her employer and ask for more money because she does not feel she is earning enough for the job she does her employer would explain that she is on a pay grade that fits her level of qualification and skill and that there is a yearly pay review ! in other words if she does not like it move on !

so what is it about this industry that makes us feel that we are all worth so much because of what we do ??? if the industry is not bringing your boss enough money to enable him to pay you a wage that will suit your ideal lifestyle then find another industry !