Rates of pay?

Treeman1

No unscrupulous bosses out there then, that pay peanuts and drive flash motors back to nice houses ?

Paying on time and treating people with respect does not pay the bills if ya aren't getting paid a FAIR days money.

Just a thought :001_smile:

If you want more money ask for it, it you don't get it go work else where.

Bosses pay what they need to to get the staff they need, its not complicated :001_smile:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an employee you will always feel you are worth more than you get paid.

However, you haven't got a clue what your boss goes through every month to make sure you get paid every month.

If your boss pays you on time every time and treats with respect then drives off in a £60k car to his nice house, it's because he deserved it.

Suck it up!

I agree with this...however it could also be read that the employee somehow owes the boss because hes giving him a full weeks work. Likewise as you say, employlees often feel they are owed more. In reality no one owes anyone anything if a job has been carried out and payment has been made as agree prior. If anyone isnt happy with what they are getting paid its simple, just try and get a better rate elsewhere.

No unscrupulous bosses out there then, that pay peanuts and drive flash motors back to nice houses ?

Paying on time and treating people with respect does not pay the bills if ya aren't getting paid a FAIR days money.

Just a thought :001_smile:

But the subby does not have the sleepless nights worrying how the staff will be paid as they are owed 1000's , is the owner of a company not allowed a nice house because he is putting in 60+ hours a week ? or a nice car because he has not drawn anything more than a minimal wage ? , should he bow down to pressure and increase the wage to the wish of the staff and allow them to have the flash car and nice house ?

just an other idea though

Strange subject this really. All varies where you are etc and experiance.

I need to up my day rate next year at some point, most people round here only want to pay 80.00 a day for a climber lol and needless to say i don't work for them! Really you need to be on 150.00 a day if you can tackle all jobs and get stuff done on time! And safely. Depends on experiance as i said!

I KNOW I'M WORTH MORE THAN MY CURRENT DAY RATE!

Strange subject this really. All varies where you are etc and experiance.

I need to up my day rate next year at some point, most people round here only want to pay 80.00 a day for a climber lol and needless to say i don't work for them! Really you need to be on 150.00 a day if you can tackle all jobs and get stuff done on time! And safely. Depends on experiance as i said!

I KNOW I'M WORTH MORE THAN MY CURRENT DAY RATE!

If so charge more.

If someone else can do the same as you for the same rate your currently on, your clearly not worth more, if they can't why are you not charging more??:confused1:

If so charge more.

If someone else can do the same as you for the same rate your currently on, your clearly not worth more, if they can't why are you not charging more??:confused1:

Because you cannot get a better day rate round where i work... If i asked anymore i wouldn't get work

Because you cannot get a better day rate round where i work... If i asked anymore i wouldn't get work

But that must mean your not worth more, I'm not being funny, but if you will work for that rate and if you don't others will, why would employers pay more???

But the subby does not have the sleepless nights worrying how the staff will be paid as they are owed 1000's , is the owner of a company not allowed a nice house because he is putting in 60+ hours a week ? or a nice car because he has not drawn anything more than a minimal wage ? , should he bow down to pressure and increase the wage to the wish of the staff and allow them to have the flash car and nice house ?

just an other idea though

I know what your saying chap, i run my own business and have sleepless nights, and to get where i am today i did 80 to a hundred hours a week, yes we are entitled to the better things in life.

But it does not mean we have to pay substandard wages to those that help us to get where we are.

Look after them who look after you.

But that must mean your not worth more, I'm not being funny, but if you will work for that rate and if you don't others will, why would employers pay more???

There are climbers out there who are capable of pulling of jobs that are worth the very top end.

The problem is that most jobs are a lot more mundane than that and can be completed by less experienced climbers so you can be the best of the best but those big ticket jobs are a fraction of your work.

Seems like there is a division to me between those that understand running (and staying in) a business and those who don't.

If the business owner cant increase day rates because it is not financially viable to do so he wont/shouldn't. If he can increase it because for example you are so good it is increasing his production/turnover then he should.

Don't forget money is and will be tight for a long time to come. £500 for a weeks work is better than £150 for a day with the rest of the week sat at home.

For the record I pay a good climber £120/day and provide company t-shirt/fleece/saws/employees liability insurance/work/transport to site/job sheet/risk assessments/etc/etc/etc.

To be able to turn up in the morning and go home 5 - 8 hrs later with £120 is dream land/hr compared to what I am earning.