Hedge cutting

zeroluke

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't work for the council??:confused1:

i still do my own work.. and no we are not the council, we are a non profit organisation. the milton keynes council have there land and we have ours.. which is all the major parks.. when i worked on the domestic side of things 120 would be the bottom rate for anything..

i still do my own work.. and no we are not the council, we are a non profit organisation. the milton keynes council have there land and we have ours.. which is all the major parks.. when i worked on the domestic side of things 120 would be the bottom rate for anything..

And your VAT registered??

And your VAT registered??

no i was refering to when i was on the domestic matey. my oll boss wouldnt do anything for less than 120+vat otherwise he was losing money.. i personaly dont do any hedgework if i can help it

:001_rolleyes: How long do you think it would take to do?

I'm not a gardener either (or a tree surgeon for that matter) but that's the sort of job that would slot in nicely after tea over the summer after a days felling or sat on the forwarder.

hour tops... but to someone such as my old boss its time he could be starting a bigger job. ie travel time to the job.set up time, clearing up time, then travel to the next job and also most tree surgeons have second person with them so there wages has to come from somewere to. i am no buisness man,but i have future plans to set up for my self. and i think i would have the same ideeas on pricings if i was trying to run a buisness myself.

hour tops... but to someone such as my old boss its time he could be starting a bigger job. ie travel time to the job.set up time, clearing up time, then travel to the next job and also most tree surgeons have second person with them so there wages has to come from somewere to. i am no buisness man,but i have future plans to set up for my self. and i think i would have the same ideeas on pricings if i was trying to run a buisness myself.

Pardon me for saying so but that's rather short-sighted. As has been said, in the right circumstances that is a quick job on the way home and so a nice little bonus on the day as well as a possible foot in the door to more work by recommendation. If a few of the neighbours decide they want work done then you could build a half-day or even a full day twice a year on the back of it which, when you are planning your own start up, is very handy. :001_smile:

I would like to say that I think £60 pounds to do that job as I would class that as a little fill in for the week .if you are a small bussiness like my self but if a bigger business maybe more money .i done this for £120 as this was just up the road from where I live .plus i combined the load with a different job.

image.jpg.e24f693abed20b396672d9985e0b4d22.jpg