Hedge cutting

zeroluke

• 9 months later...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always someone cheaper in any trade, you set your hourly rate based on the conditions of work and stick to it. some people will say you are to expensive, others to cheap if thats the case then you are about right on your pricing. I priced a huge dead horse chesnut with a footpath for access next to a graveyard to top it off it was leaning over a listed building. would have to carry all the timber 100 yards to the trucks . I priced it at 975 and a big local firm got the job which they priced at 500 . for that they can have it as I would lose money.

It's one thing being all cocky and talk of £120-150 etc, but in reality you would have a very low chance of getting this job at that price. Understandably, this is what people who are fully booked and don't need the work say, but the 'realistic' fair price for this job is under £100.

It is fair on the client and fair on the contractor. We can all make a profit on 1hr jobs charged at £60. Get 5 of these a day and as a 1-man outfit you're doing well.

I'd typically have gone for around the 70 mark, and I know I make a decent living WITH profit AND contingency funds. This job would be 45 minutes (15 mins cutting, the rest setting up and clearing up).

It's one thing being all cocky and talk of £120-150 etc, but in reality you would have a very low chance of getting this job at that price. Understandably, this is what people who are fully booked and don't need the work say, but the 'realistic' fair price for this job is under £100.

It is fair on the client and fair on the contractor. We can all make a profit on 1hr jobs charged at £60. Get 5 of these a day and as a 1-man outfit you're doing well.

I'd typically have gone for around the 70 mark, and I know I make a decent living WITH profit AND contingency funds. This job would be 45 minutes (15 mins cutting, the rest setting up and clearing up).

Agreed . Its the scratching up thats a pain ....

I do a lot of hedges and don't think they are the domain of either gardeners or tree surgeons. To me they are work and the hedges we do well on are the difficult access or high waste material ones. Hedges too much for a Dix Euros Dave and his saloon car/baggage trailer combo.

This hedge in the original post for us is a 90euros job (£70). An hour for 2.

And little local jobs are always good payers too.

Ty

I would charge £70-£80 depending on the customer. I do loads of hedges most of which are yearly jobs. I price hedges at what I want for the job, take it or leave it. I do a conny hedge that's 200 m long and 2m high, 1 side and top and remove waste. 2 of us on it and were done by 1 pm. Guess what I charge:)

Sent from Outerspace.

i would charge £70-£80 depending on the customer. I do loads of hedges most of which are yearly jobs. I price hedges at what i want for the job, take it or leave it. I do a conny hedge that's 200 m long and 2m high, 1 side and top and remove waste. 2 of us on it and were done by 1 pm. Guess what i charge:)

sent from outerspace.

£400?