Echo challenges the Stihl top handles?

scotspine1

@ WoodEd, I guess what some are trying to say here is just because a machine claims to be capable of handling 9" timber, you wouldn't run it at that size all day, as it will speed up the wear on the machine. Because it's not your machine, that's not your problem, but your employers, and that's alright cos he'll/they'll buy another when its broken. Most on here buy their kit themselves, and look after it, they would not appreciate someone ragging it all day every day to the point of destruction. Just because a car is capable of 120mph, it doesn't mean you would drive it all the time everywhere at 120mph, but at a maximum of perhaps 80mph. I suspect this is really so much of a dig at you personally, but at everyone who canes machinery to an early death.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ WoodEd, I guess what some are trying to say here is just because a machine claims to be capable of handling 9" timber, you wouldn't run it at that size all day, as it will speed up the wear on the machine. Because it's not your machine, that's not your problem, but your employers, and that's alright cos he'll/they'll buy another when its broken. Most on here buy their kit themselves, and look after it, they would not appreciate someone ragging it all day every day to the point of destruction. Just because a car is capable of 120mph, it doesn't mean you would drive it all the time everywhere at 120mph, but at a maximum of perhaps 80mph. I suspect this is really so much of a dig at you personally, but at everyone who canes machinery to an early death.

it wasnt being canned daily... it was just the one time we thought we would see what the machien could do (an almost new machine) and the anti stress didnt kick in. apart from that the machine has been well looked after.

we dont abuse kit. for example one of our tw190 has reached 2000 hours and just had its first breakdown. on certain jobs, we need to chip as much as possible as some of our parks are 12 miles away from base witch is a long way to bring out the botex..

it was just the attack i didnt like, 'the you think its funny to abuse kit' part

I think why your post was jumped on is for these reasons WoodEd... i see my climbing saw as a Fragile/ precision cutting device and i have never abused it.....ever. i only USE it and i never drag it through the tree of let it swing wildly on a strop clattering about...i get to work position,Use it in the way i was trained to and return it to my Caritool. I feel very privaliged to be a climbing Arborist and take care with all the equiptment i use wether it is mine or not....i frown upon anyone i see throwing saws,dropping things etc..all these things are expensive and are designed to be used to i high rate but never "Abused" Just my opinion...not having a go mate...As i always say,"Threre are two distinct types in this industry,"Those who know" and those who don,t.

I think why your post was jumped on is for these reasons WoodEd... i see my climbing saw as a Fragile/ precision cutting device and i have never abused it.....ever. i only USE it and i never drag it through the tree of let it swing wildly on a strop clattering about...i get to work position,Use it in the way i was trained to and return it to my Caritool. I feel very privaliged to be a climbing Arborist and take care with all the equiptment i use wether it is mine or not....i frown upon anyone i see throwing saws,dropping things etc..all these things are expensive and are designed to be used to i high rate but never "Abused" Just my opinion...not having a go mate...As i always say,"Threre are two distinct types in this industry,"Those who know" and those who don,t.

but my point is i dont see why i have been sterotyped as the one that dont care... my saws run perfectly. my saws are the ones that everyone tries to pick up as they always start and are always sharp (chucking out lumps of 4x2).

no1 on here has ever worked with me but if they did they would see what i meen

which is what i was trying to explain erlyer befor i got shot down in flames.

is the saw out yet.. what are spare parts like for echo's ? and was is the price compaired to the 201t. has anyone abused a echo saw everyday as a 200t would be used?

I questioned the echo dealer about spares when i recently purchased a longreach hedge cutter. His response was that there was a problem but now the new american owners are getting it sorted and 95% of parts are readily available.

Could have just been sales patter tho.

Ed, IIRC you have made a statement in the past on here re:this very topic, I can't be bothered to trawl abut to find it, but once said people do remember it.

These words are then brought back to haunt you. Its very easy to build up a picture of how someone thinks from their posts, and this may or not be how you really intended to come across. Many of us have seen the care-less attitude of staff trashing equipment, just because it's not theirs and they don't care, it happens everywhere, so I can quite understand people jumping on you in the way you came across. Don't take offence, take notice and bear it in mind, look around yourself, look at others and you'll see what we see.

i have a echo CS330T its the USA model have had it just over 6 years haven't needed any parts for the saw i did accidentally drop it from about 25 foot onto hard concrete paving it landed belly flat and didn't brake or crack the plastic it haves the petrol and oil caps up front right next together haven't bother me one bit seems to last ages on a tank of petrol

new and with shipping back from the states posted 170 pounds the only fault i can say is its on a 14inch bar which should been IMO should have been a 10 -12inch bar lukesmith /hedgecutterman on here have used the saw and he seem to like it oh and over half my equipment is echo im bit of a fan echo are mega cheep in the usa and i tempted to get one the cs355t

dont like the idea of fuel and oil caps on the same end

I know of someone on here who can still put the oil and petrol in the wrong holes on a Stihl even though they claim to be a "don't tell me, I'm professional with 16 years experience", o, and then deny it, even though they were the only person on site!:laugh1:

I questioned the echo dealer about spares when i recently purchased a longreach hedge cutter. His response was that there was a problem but now the new american owners are getting it sorted and 95% of parts are readily available.

Could have just been sales patter tho.

This is correct. Back in the day, Echo GB did everything and 100%. Countax became UK agent and still are. I believe they experienced credit issues when the whole credit crunch kicked off and coupled with the Japanese earthquake / tsunami, frankly kioritz (echo) recovered with typical Japanese grit. Ariens now own Countax. In my experience, those dealers that have known Echo for years really look after you and the product. However, one fact remains, Echo spares dept must be small because the machines never need parts!