the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

That's good, well except forgetting oil for the bar but that's not a big issue more of a re training the brain.

I've been using my 150 a lot and I'm thinking of getting a back handle one for by the chipper. But now you've mentioned a back handled one you've got me thinking. My elbows are hurting a bit these days so I'm now actively looking for options and your streets ahead of my though process so I'm going to take your advice as you use it more.

We use the back handled battery saw as a chipper saw as it's so quick to pick up nd just nip a bit off to help feed it in rather than pull starting a cold saw for a 3sec cut and the top handle is definitely a favorite for pruning especially reductions as light and lovely to use at full stretch if needed, also used them for nighttime call outs around homes where the saws have become known as the stealth saws because of the lack of noise, can't wait till technology allows them to make something of 560xp power with an hour's run time.

what camara filter is that you use

Hey johny, it's a free app called snapseed. Made by Google and it's pretty good for example here's one I've edited and the original. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1458843962.773197.jpg.820680ad84be1d377670a18fdc119231.jpg

One of my apprentices spent a good 7 hours reducing this. A guy with a few years experience would of possibly done it in 3-4 hours. However they can't develop or learn just doing simple and easy trees.

This oak got accidentally burnt from an over zealous fire, as a result we had to prune the lower sections back quite hard and remove the lowest couple of limbs as they had died of completely.

No finished pic but I'll give him his dues, stuck at it even though it knackered the heck out of him and he did it all himself without me going up and doing a bit.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1458843951.616717.jpg.751b0815ee7d5c303ce9a108f5c6aa3e.jpg

We use the back handled battery saw as a chipper saw as it's so quick to pick up nd just nip a bit off to help feed it in rather than pull starting a cold saw for a 3sec cut and the top handle is definitely a favorite for pruning especially reductions as light and lovely to use at full stretch if needed, also used them for nighttime call outs around homes where the saws have become known as the stealth saws because of the lack of noise, can't wait till technology allows them to make something of 560xp power with an hour's run time.

Cheers, gray git,

I totally see where you coming from and didn't think about call outs. Although I'm sure the chipper is like a huge alarm clock when started.

Cheers, gray git,

I totally see where you coming from and didn't think about call outs. Although I'm sure the chipper is like a huge alarm clock when started.

Wait til you fit one to your mog! Ours sounds like a chinook has landed in the street. 🙂

Cheers, gray git,

Often don't chip nd just stack in a safe place to come back in daylight to clear up properly but we have had angry people in pj's going mad at 3am when we have had the need to clear a road in the middle of a village, always a good laugh 😁

Yeah it's a little Kanga. Just handy for shifting the odd bit. A clean site is a happy site.

The Hiab and grab is what won the job, everyone else who priced it was going to cut it into discs.

What's the kanga like? Any pics or videos?