the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Nasty bit of hedge work[ATTACH]116162[/ATTACH]

Then getting the Mog stuck big time!

[ATTACH]116163[/ATTACH][ATTACH]116164[/ATTACH][ATTACH]116165[/ATTACH]

I saw you working there friday, looked like a fun job. Didnt realise you had got stuck though certainly was a arkward ditch to get stuck in! How did u manage to get it out in the end were the builder guys already gone who had big diggers etc. thought was a late finish for a friday it was dark after i had finished food shopping you were still there. Hate the feeling of being so helpless when you get stuck!

We were about 10m away from the ditch and the ground was fairly dry but I stupidly spun the back wheels a little and broke the crust and it just sank like it was in quick sand! Think we are going to have to drag the timber/brash with a quad and chip it at the top. A big recovery lorry pulled us out with a big winch left about 7 ish in the end. Back Monday to finish hedge then we got to put a fence up along hedge line. Then clear all the trees along the a149 for another 250m then night work felling on the roundabout so we are going to be there a while

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

We were about 10m away from the ditch and the ground was fairly dry but I stupidly spun the back wheels a little and broke the crust and it just sank like it was in quick sand! Think we are going to have to drag the timber/brash with a quad and chip it at the top. A big recovery lorry pulled us out with a big winch left about 7 ish in the end. Back Monday to finish hedge then we got to put a fence up along hedge line. Then clear all the trees along the a149 for another 250m then night work felling on the roundabout so we are going to be there a while

Not to bad then, fair bit of work there then. :thumbup1:

Had a couple of limes to dismantle for Frosty with Ian Flatters. The first had a nice gap in the wall, the second had a wall underneath with a nasty lean where the tree had pushed it out so we dismantled the wall and felled the trees:thumbup: The weight and momentum of the back stem split the co dominant stems as it hit the floor

DSC_0281.jpg.e5c70dc25bcf09aa90935062c4ceeb06.jpg

208533_10151335095877634_1782414221_n.jpg.397c37e742e708e74662aebaf90b6eb6.jpg

This mornings job too hot to be in a thick conny hedge, then went back to put the finishing touches on a gate i put up for my parents, really pleased with the gate makes a big impact to the house. Was a chore digging a hole for that post though 8x8 7 1/2 ft long hole full of concrete and flint!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362502087.203211.jpg.83281123d25ff6bd873cbba74ecf7bff.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362502133.220232.jpg.9f25cc3c97e93f7a0ee1ef574bbcd01b.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362502154.551326.jpg.ce99ceb136a3826b258af1d478e62c61.jpg