the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

Had a call to look at a poplar that had cracked last night. Was getting on a bit and had some minor decay around the base. Made it lie down. Dig a dogs tooth cut because it had a 20 degree lean and all the weight was on the lean. Didn't even get to match my cuts up! It hit the ground before I could take more than a step away. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392319093.683302.jpg.310b5f4aaccf20c51b1356184baddda4.jpg

Had a pine that had dropped a poorly attached union to sort too. Some of our other team members sorted the pine while I was at the pop. Going back tomorrow to fell the pine as it's had a load of roots severed when the driveway was put in. Tree officer removed its TPO and CA exemptions as soon as he saw it. Will be a quick job as there's lots of room and a lean in the right direction! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392319243.405487.jpg.5e95d0c8aa1b81e5acdb1c7e7cdb0cfa.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392319078.765623.jpg.1af7c656a35c9dcf20cf2222f5f9bc39.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392319040.492666.jpg.254b7e853012f2c8ec7fe32ccbe55a29.jpg

Those GoPro stills are quality Rich.

Bigger tree than I thought.

As usual!

Nice fell on the Pop Rob, good choice of cut I think. That baby wanted to go!

There's 7 more with similar leans. This one weighed 4t. 3 of the others are at least 6 I reckon. Some more will drop straight but the others are over phone lines and one over an oil/fuel tank and that container. Crane job to get those out :)