Good number plates

10 men

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed this thread was about arb trucks so I dont see an issue with doing something to help the image of the company.

When we advertise (through whatever medium) we are doing it to try to get people more interested in using us to do the work.

This is a fun thread and should be kept as such.

Theres no shame in spending a bit of your hard earned cash on a fun plate.

If Elfinwood is concerned about pe@nis size just start another thread.

Its our money, after weve paid all our taxes we can spend it on what we like.

If we dont make enough to have a bit of fun - we can always work harder.

One of the reasons I like my plate is the amazing array of different reactions from people. Some see it as a bit of fun others completely loose the plot. Often choking on their cigarette. a packet a day £7 £2500 a year. My plate £250 in 1994 :biggrin: you pays your money you takes your choice.

Not tree related but to those who have an eye for them, a private plate can be a very good form of investment.

One of my closest school friends is called Mackfall. He used to drive around in a 911 4s with the reg 911MAC. He bought it for 7k and sold for 14 when he wanted a new extension on his gaff.

As I said he had an eye for it. He purchased the following for IIRC 250gbp each, sold them for 750GBP each.

HA52CUT - Has 2 cut, sold to a barber.

HA52BUY - Has 2 buy, sold to the barber for his wife who was a spendaholic.

HA52??? - Random plate in sequence he sold to the barber for his son so he didnt feel left out.

So he sold for 2250 quid after shelling out 750 for each one.

He seemed happy when I spoke to him last, he must have put the money he made into that PEN15 enlargement op he had always wanted. :sneaky2::001_tt2::sneaky2: