Need a chassis

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh Jon, it being a station wagon too makes it worth doing, but you know where Im coming from, it can cost a stack to do but try and find another as good and you'll struggle.

Its just a landy thing, it matters not how much it costs, you've just gotta do it!:thumbup::lol:

HI 18 your right it can cost a lot but just try and get it back on the parts matts 110 likes very nice it just the chassis when done it last years it best to do all you can now like springs all the parts now matt have you got the chassis jon :thumbup:

if doing a chassis then its almost a must to do brake pipes end to end. I would avoid polybush at all costs having tried them before it was a disaster, they were so hard the bushes didnt wear but the holes they were in did!

oh add in around 30 litres of waxoil if your lovely new chassis is dry once fitted i would wax to death and back inside and out before it hits road for first time.

last time i did my 90 i used 20 litres just to top up previous years effort after a good presure wash and 2 days to dry on ramps. put 10 litres inside chassis alone.

unless you bought a galvanised chassis:laugh1:

With a galvanized chassis and all the other upgrades it will be a scorcher when it's done.:thumbup:

Don't forget to tell your insurance company though because it'll be worth more than a typical tdi of that age afterwards. Shouldn't cost you any more to insure (risk's the same) but you'll get more back if anything happens.

Matt, just throwing this in the pot really;

Have you totted up the final cost for all this including the chassis and labour, and those other "extra" bits above what you plan for?

I know you will do it anyway( I dare say I would too:001_rolleyes:) but you must be getting close to the value of the finished vehicle after all this is done.

Its probably worth around £1500 now as a mot failure.

The chassis is £1700 so far but with the added bits and labour it is going to be about £4000. The landy in its current state we have been told would be worth just over scrap value but dad is paying for it not me as its his truck. So if he wants to spend the money he will but onces in done its done for years.