560xp your opinions please

Tractor62

Ok I have read most of the threads on here and other places about the 560xp and picked one up in a shop and quite liked the feel of it so should i sell my 353 and 254 or should I just hang on to them. Most of my work is coppicing/logging so would I realy gain much in upgrading what do you guys think?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better anti vibes ... They can be a bit of a bitch to warm start if put down for a break of 5-10 mins, from what I have gathered its not just mine and the choke on off switch will throw you at first ,but I was thinking yesterday how much I liked it being able to put the saw down and pick it up one pull and it's away with no resetting of any switches by hand.

All in all though I would say it has the best throttle response best power and just feels erginomicaly better than any saw in this class I have ever owned or used ... Beats the 361 357 and even the 262 hands down... You know you want one!! Burrell put a vid up a while back of a saw rung what you brung type thing and the 560 ... Well watch the vid!

Love mine . best 60cc saw I have ever owned . run mine with an 18" Bar .325 . pitch full chiz . Mine has had a tweek by petemate who rweeks auto tune Huskys . Warm start is not a problerm for me . one pump of the primer bulb one pull of the cord . Thats all you do . The ignition switch resets to on as soon as you press it off so no need ever to think about " turning it on " Got a Husky hedge cutter the same . All in all an absolute stonker of a saw . Oh keep the 254. Out the 353 . Thats how I see it any ways .

I'll be getting one berfore too long, we had one on trial and I went straight out an pre-ordered a 550 off the back of the 560.

Seems to be a marmite saw (some love them some hate them) but performance was incredible. It really will knock the socks off anything else that size at the moment.

It'll be a bit heavier to use than your 353 - I replaced my 353 with a 550 and it's got more go and handles better - it would do anything your 353 or 254 does but better!

As Stubby says - press the primer bulb before pulling. Cold fuel in and away you go. They are the dogs bollox, but we have had a couple of problematic ones. I would always pick mine up before another saw though - they are mega fast compared to anything else. Have a go with one if you get a chance - I'm sure you will buy one if you do.