Are Vermeer Chippers any good?

thebeanstalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Built well .. Personally not a fan of the 625i we had .. Not a great out put.

Id second that from my experience of when i owned bc625i built like a tank real solid but the single roller wasnt up to the job for me wouldnt drag stuff through or break folks easy other vermeers could be different as that is a old machine i had.

I kinda like the 625 as it was nice and light but agree on single roller. I also liked the bc150 as it had some good features like auto reverse when the rollers would struggle so instead of you moving it forward and back if that makes sense? but it would sometimes overheat and need the radiator blowing out also not so keen on a button to engage the clutch. Loved the bc1000 if it fits in the hole its gonna get chipped, only flaw i think is on ivy covered horrible stuff could do with additional downward pressure to grip with the feed roller. Finally my favourite all round vermeer is the 935i, no longer made but there is a company that strips them and rebuilds them. 9inch machine, relatively light and will chip sloid wood upto 9inch, powerful and pretty easy to maintain due to the simple design.

I had a 935 good solid chipper, with large diameter rollers which help improve infeed, quite a heavy machine tho compared to some euro chippers:thumbup1:

The other thing I liked was the infeed was square to the axle so inline with the towing vehicle and not offset like most euro machines:thumbup1: