The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Got a question for the mechanically minded!

Drive shaft UJ failure yesterday, question is can I get away with a new male UJ pin and female union both damaged, rather than a whole new shaft and if so whats the right name for these parts and whats the best source for getting them. This is my first issue and looking to learn a lot as issues like this arise!

thanks in advance, I know some of you guys are mustard!:thumbup1:

597669e214bb5_parts018.jpg.6e4e4bc67dc0159ed41fe36da23464aa.jpg

597669e216f9b_parts017.jpg.b3615c9716e74f5ef11b2655f347215b.jpg

597669e218a64_parts019.jpg.9eaea710d8b74dc2dfd06d4e289c07aa.jpg

597669e21a551_parts022.jpg.fd1d2c1b1b4eb1c468209548e115595d.jpg

Looks like you will have to get a new yoke to go onto the transfer box and replace the whole uj, no point replacing just bits of it as it comes as a whole unit of bits with new bearings in it, you shouldn't need to replace the whole shaft as that part looks undamaged.

Easy anough job to do but a little fiddely, even changed 1at the side of the a66 with a hammer after 1gave out near shap. Always have a spare as my 130 eats front 1s with the lift.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Got a question for the mechanically minded!

Drive shaft UJ failure yesterday, question is can I get away with a new male UJ pin and female union both damaged, rather than a whole new shaft and if so whats the right name for these parts and whats the best source for getting them. This is my first issue and looking to learn a lot as issues like this arise!

thanks in advance, I know some of you guys are mustard!:thumbup1:

[ATTACH]162338[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]162339[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]162340[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]162341[/ATTACH]

HI TONY buy a new prop mate that the best i had same years ago on my tipper thanks jon

Looks like you will have to get a new yoke to go onto the transfer box and replace the whole uj, no point replacing just bits of it as it comes as a whole unit of bits with new bearings in it, you shouldn't need to replace the whole shaft as that part looks undamaged.

Easy anough job to do but a little fiddely, even changed 1at the side of the a66 with a hammer after 1gave out near shap. Always have a spare as my 130 eats front 1s with the lift.

So its a yoke at the back, sweet and thank you, just been looking at the UJ parts easy source and find:thumbup1:

would you buy a rubber plate as well for the yoke?

HI JOHN mate sorry it the yoke gone owell all the best tony with it mate jon