The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Cheers Ohlins, useful stuff. I'm going to chsnge to turbo as soon as it arrives. I think the rest of its ok - I check the oil etc very morning and it does loose a bit. But the rocket covert also leaks I'll chsnge that when I do the turbo. I'll have a good look around then. It's well down on power at the moment so hopefully the new turbo will sort that.

Thanks Mark

Sent from my GT-S7710 using Arbtalk mobile app

Cheers Ohlins, useful stuff. I'm going to chsnge to turbo as soon as it arrives. I think the rest of its ok - I check the oil etc very morning and it does loose a bit. But the rocket covert also leaks I'll chsnge that when I do the turbo. I'll have a good look around then. It's well down on power at the moment so hopefully the new turbo will sort that.

Thanks Mark

Hopefully it's that...sounds like it could be.

Another thing to check is the intercooler hoses,normally the bottom one as these can delaminate inside with age and kms. If this is the case you'll have a noticeable power loss also as the engine sucks the inside of the hose closed,thus strangling the motor. Easy to do and worth it if it's only that! A hole in your intercooler will also give power loss.

IMO if you're noticing the oil level dropping there's not enough loss to drop the level at the rocker cover.

Blown turbo seals will produce blue smoke at the exhaust also(along with a whistle).....If it were I,I'd also check your elbow turbo hose at the turbo to make sure that it's seated properly.

:biggrin:

Edited by Ohlins

I'll check the inter cooler and hoses tomorrow. The rocker cover is just annoying so needs doing. I hate oil leaks.

Thanks

Mark

No...no...no....you're thinking about it all wrong...it's the LR marking it's territory!!! They all do that :thumbup:

:lol::lol::lol: