The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

The reg plate is a 1972 ,so would ring true for a 2a .My old 109 2a had a series 3 front on it :confused1: .its a problm with landies ,you bolt on what ya want he he he .

Bloody nice looking landy though .Had to sell my 2a 109 for parts as the chassis rotted away :001_rolleyes:

Cheers Mark

Mmmm, but i thought all 1972, 88" were series 111:confused1:

My mate has a series 111 and its a 1972.

Hence this one Craddocks have that says its a 1971;

71 LAND ROVER SERIES 3 88'' TAX EXEMPT EXCELLENT on eBay (end time 16-Dec-09 09:42:03 GMT)

109" like yours could be different though, and if im wrong i will stand corrected:sneaky2:

Nice landy Mick, dont knock it, if you end up with it, look on the bright side, its tax exempt:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I aint really knocking it. The problem is its one of those things that if passed down to you you have to keep it and look after it, and on top of that it missed the tax exemption by six months:thumbdown:Deffo a IIA, I'll get a pic of the dash lol, talk about antiquated.

ive got a nice foley 130 tipper, but the other day i went to remove a couple ash trees and clean a conker and the cleint had one of these...an 'austin gypsy'.

id never seen one before, apparently austin brought it out as an answer to the landrover, but it didnt take off really, lovely front wings on it.

when i arrived at the job, the client was standing where the gear box was and he was grinding out a huge peice of the chassis to accomodate a mitzi engine!

apparently he has never done anything like this at all, but he said rekon it would be ok! you gotta love enthusiasts...DSC00064.jpg.cd393d4f36c3727e76d587a677f401d8.jpg

td5 discos are rubbish, the old man has one, it seems gutless as hell and has a stupid rev limiter thingy that i kept triggering when i drove it as it just didnt seem to be picking up well.

my 300tdi 130twin cab can eat his td5 for breakfast

charlie - sounds like an ecu prob - tony fixed one like this at our place - as the injectors are all electonicly governed - have a word with tony when your passing our place again - hell tell you how to fix it or what to do - roh

count us in on landy guys - all us at the yard run them - except one of us who runs a toyota pickup - mick you know who you are! - gone on to old discos for a bit of comfort in our old age now - but always had a landy in one shape or form - ran a mitsubishi l200 brand new a few years ago but couldnt stand it - gave me terrible back ache and the kids hated it no room even in the back for them and terrible on a long journey - only good bit was the engine - did pull like a train I have to admit