In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

13 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Lookin sharp budemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

13 hours ago, silky fox said:

And they react to light conditions too?? I,m buzzin' have a great weekend Arbtalkers!

20201008_140346.jpg

Thing is now Paul they will be after you every 6 to 8 months saying you need a review of your prescription even though to you they still work fine mate . 

On 09/10/2020 at 19:40, Stubby said:

Thing is now Paul they will be after you every 6 to 8 months saying you need a review of your prescription even though to you they still work fine mate . 

My people don't. They checked mine and decide on how long I need to go before next one. Maybe a year, maybe two. Just depends on the degradation forecast. They think my one eye is actually getting better too! But yes, go to an optician, the cheap reading glasses can make your situation worse! Besides, they can forecast other things health wise by looking into the back of the eye!

• Like 2

I hear you Stubby and PeteB.Thanks for your responses but I,m fine with having to get checked in the future but it will be when I decide.I,m very difficult to get hold of and I may not even be in the U.K next year for a while.The whole eye testing experience was fascinating so if it does happen again in the future I shall probably be very happy to go.

• Like 2

But for now I have new eyes and this year continues to be my best one for personal development.With all the spare time I am always finding new things to improve as well as plenty of exercise.It took a out four days for my eyes and brain to adjust to the progressive lenses and my first time outside walking was a bit of visual overload.Every thing at every distance was so sharp and defined but moving made me feel almost sea sick.Most bizarre feeling Almost like a drunken state (And I've actually almost forgotten that sensation). But now I almost forget I am wearing them.Being able to see everything all the time in High Definition is quite incredible.They also enhance everything at night so I tested them out on a night drive which was quite mind blowing! Amazing lenses that were worth every penny and I love my glasses.I never thought I would ever say that.I would even say that of all the changes or enhancements i have made over the last four years .....this was definately an "eye opener" ??? And right now I need to be extremely alert.My City's population grew by 20,000 last week with the arrival of the University students from all the corners of the Country and further.There are already over a thousand positive tests within their community in just a few days.Its just back to keeping myself completely distant from the world and making sure my folks are safe.Something I have been doing since March.But as always I am super positive don,t let anything get me down.I will swap the Gym for my bicycle and keep my head down...To end with I have to post this picture.It was the first thing i looked at up close whilst outside.I have stared at this great object hundreds of times in my life since I was a little boy but never seen it in such detail.The original which is almost 1,000 years old was replaced with this perfect replica 40 years ago but I still see it in the museum.It is one of the most recognisable and familiar things in the City to me but I have never seen it in such detail.

20201011_151452.jpg

• Like 2