Looking at getting my first land rover

Alasdair

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really get this "spanners every weekend" thing, I had my last 110 for five years, By the time I sold it it had covered 170000 miles. Ok I put a new engine in when I bought it but other than that it was pretty original, It never let me down... ever, sure at mot time there were things to fix and i used to service it regularly but it was no worse than other vehicles we have had.

BTW I sold it locally and its still going strong.

I don't really get this "spanners every weekend" thing, I had my last 110 for five years, By the time I sold it it had covered 170000 miles. Ok I put a new engine in when I bought it but other than that it was pretty original, It never let me down... ever, sure at mot time there were things to fix and i used to service it regularly but it was no worse than other vehicles we have had.

BTW I sold it locally and its still going strong.

Ditto.

I’ve had my Discovery for three years now and it’s never let me down. Its done 135,000 miles and still on the original clutch! :001_smile:

so they aint as bad as everyones making out?

after reading some of the stuff on here and some thinking i have desided to put my plans off for a year or so, this way i cam get as much money behind me as poss.

cheers for the help guys

after reading some of the stuff on here and some thinking i have desided to put my plans off for a year or so, this way i cam get as much money behind me as poss.

cheers for the help guys

Alasdair....that wont stop this thread dude!

Correct. We just love to moan about them. Most of the bad news stories are old series vehicles that were run until they died.

What you wont get with a LR is great build quality, this is where the japs stole the show, and why jap trucks are often better value, as they dont leak air, oil and water like LR's do.

Correct. We just love to moan about them. Most of the bad news stories are old series vehicles that were run until they died.

What you wont get with a LR is great build quality, this is where the japs stole the show, and why jap trucks are often better value, as they dont leak air, oil and water like LR's do.

and the doors fit properly! nothing like having to scrape ice off both the inside and outside on a frosty morning

hey all,

looking for some advise, im looking to buy my first land rover its going to be a defender because thats about the only thing i can insure thats not going to break the bank, so im looking for things to looking out for an things to stay away from. im hoping to have a budget of about 3k.

Also looking for advise on insuring it as well. e.g. which companies to try? whats the difference between commerical and normal insurance.

its going to be my daily run about.

cheers i look forward to seeing what yous come up with.

Alasdair

Alasdair,

Its your lucky day, I'll sell you this fine example of British engineering for £850.

Outstanding build quality and has never let me down, this vehicle has only been used for trips to the supermarket for the weekly groceries. I've bought a new one so its time for someone else to experience the magic of an L Reg 200Tdi HI Cap Defender 110.

SuperLandy.jpg.8b6bd2910306cf37be551d0d00cc108e.jpg

Edited by scotspine1

Alasdair,

Its your lucky day, I'll sell you this fine example of British engineering for £850.

Outstanding build quality and has never let me down, this vehicle has only been used for trips to the supermarket for the weekly groceries. I've bought a new one so its time for someone else to experience the magic of an L Reg 200Tdi HI Cap Defender 110.

Sod him, I,ve suddenly developed a hankering for landys:001_tt1:£850,whats the chassis like.:sneaky2: