bars.......

Logrover

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say going through a bar monthly what are you using at the moment?

And it's def a 3/8 pitch bar and chain? Only the spec seems to be as .325 as standard.

Cannon are very good.... maybe not quite as good as they make out... oregon powermatch bars is a good pro bar at a lower price.

Guide bars

It shows as a .325 on the selector but I have the 3/8 bars as well...

:001_smile:

Im going through a bar a month roughly on my 560 at the moment. Anyone have the part number for an 18" 3/8 bar as they dont put what they fit of course.

Anyone use a cannon bar...worth it or not?????????:001_smile:

That is amazing.

What kind of Bar's are you using?Are you bore cutting all day?

If you buy Bar's with replaceable Nose's,thats all you have to swap.

Well im a timber cutter cutter 8/9 hrs a day, after a week the paint is missing...........:laugh1: i use 3/8 64 link. tempted by a cannon one but they are soooo pricey!

I had mine swopped to 3/8 as 325 is sooo slow!

The oregon ones seem to be made of cheese.

Edited by Logrover
changes

When you say going through a bar monthly what are you using at the moment?

And it's def a 3/8 pitch bar and chain? Only the spec seems to be as .325 as standard.

Cannon are very good.... maybe not quite as good as they make out... oregon powermatch bars is a good pro bar at a lower price.

Guide bars

It shows as a .325 on the selector but I have the 3/8 bars as well...

:001_smile:

I have been using a cannon bar for over 18 months, I had it on my 346,357 and now on my 560 and it's great and still in good nick, I had an Oregon power match on my 372 and the nose sprocket has blown after 12 months, I kept it greased as well.

I have been using a cannon bar for over 18 months, I had it on my 346,357 and now on my 560 and it's great and still in good nick, I had an Oregon power match on my 372 and the nose sprocket has blown after 12 months, I kept it greased as well.

The judge is out on greasing the nose sprocket! I know the Oregon bars have greasing holes but the grease can pick up dirt and sawdust, locking up the nose sprocket quickly.

I now just turn the oiler up and let that lube the thing!

Rich, my 325 husky bar lasted 4 months whilst I was harvesting. I've not used anything else so can't really compare. I find the paint wears pretty quickly. I just put it down to the more frequent dressing it gets compared to arb stuff. Are your nose sprockets exploding or is it just your cutting so much to feed your Husky and you getting through the chains too?

Alex

In regular use I'd say 12 months is not that bad for a bar - about average.