Disco 3/4 owners did you know about this madness???

skyhuck

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Disco3 and a mate of mine who is a mechanic told me something the other day that I found hard to believe!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

Did you know that its not posable to remove the engine without taking the body off he chassis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_huh:

He was telling me about a guy who had a 09 plate Disco4 that had an engine fault, the dealer fitted one new injector £1200!!, the problem was still there so they suggested fitting a new set of injectors which would cost £7K or a new engine for £15K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

The owner decided to trade it in for a new one.

A guy bought the trade in and spent a week removing the body, stripped the engine, turned out it was a broken valve spring, change the spring and refitted the body.

How crazy is it to build a car where the engine cannot be removed with relative ease??????????????????????????????:confused1:

HI SKY i was told by a mate who works for M O D one of there top fitter if you fit cam belt it a :thumbdown::thumb down:job but thats y we have sold ours now they look good but there not and dealers are :thumb down:if there older then 3 years old jon

I knew this, and yep its pretty mad!

Also, im led to belive those smart cars dont have a sump plug, you have to use one of those oil pumps to pump the oil out through the dip stick...

Bonkers!

HI TOM your right on smart car but then you take the sump off so that ok but yes they have no sump plug they like you to go back to smart dealer then get ripped right off :thumb down:as we were told by smart dealer our engine was no good but it was alternator belt sticking the engine was ok they said the car is no good it gone on for 2 more years there just :thumb down:dogs jon

Is that a Range Rover Sport???????

D3 and rr sport same chassis and running gear. What is the workshop time to take the body off. It may now be the best way to get to the major items since they shoe horned the v6 in there. Does the wiring come apart with multi plugs. I have been running discovery vans since the ice age and have put off buying a new D4 commercial. Nice vehicle to drive but wrong side of 30k. My disco 1 was 1750 kg empty the D4 is over 2700kg depending on spec. carrying an extra tonne must put it into the class 7 mot ? I am weighing up one of those late baby landcruisers and ditching rear seats blacking out windows.