What were the chances????????

skyhuck

Did a small job for an elderly customer, but went I was sorting out the cheques to pay in I could not find it.

So after checking the car, all pockets and other places it could be, I thought I'd have to ask him to stop the cheque and write me another.

So today I called round at his house, as I'm heading for the door his neighbour (another customer) shouts over the fence "I know what you've come for".

I presumed I'd dropped the cheque outside their homes and it had been found there, but no!! I had dropped it in Sainsburys car park, the neighbour was taking the old guy shopping, spotted the cheque on the floor and picked it up.

He said to the old guy "your not going to believe who's cheque this is!!"

Of all the people who could have found that cheque what were the chances of the writer of the cheque and his neighbour finding it??????????????????:confused1:

That's great,:thumbup1: I knocked the door of a house expecting a Mr A, he said no you must have the wrong house, I said no probs, he then said, are you Stevie, I said yes, he said, wow that was quick, I just left a message on your answer machine, I had went to the wrong house and got another customer who had left a message while I was on my way to the other guy.:laugh1:

That's great,:thumbup1: I knocked the door of a house expecting a Mr A, he said no you must have the wrong house, I said no probs, he then said, are you Stevie, I said yes, he said, wow that was quick, I just left a message on your answer machine, I had went to the wrong house and got another customer who had left a message while I was on my way to the other guy.:laugh1:

:001_huh: You couldn't make it up mate!!!!:001_huh:

A great story, funny how things go sometimes isnt it.

Couple of weeks ago i dropped off £150 quid of logs to a chap, he paid in cash and counted it out to me - all there. I put it straight in my wallet, go straight to my bro's to pay him for a days work, only £130 in my wallet :( Never did find it :(

Not really sure of the point of my story but still puzzles me!!

i had a weird one while i went to price a job last year , i was looking for an adress with a house name called 'the willows' after a while of driving round in circles i finally found it so i got out and there was a lady opening the back gate , she says "you must be the tree guy" i replyed "thats me " after a while of chatting and pricing i handed her a buisness card and said any problems give us a bell , she gave me a really puzzled look and said "ohh i thought i called (gave me name of another tree firm) " we both stood looking quite puzzled for a while until the other tree firm pulled up and that was pretty awkward ! ,. turns out i just by chance found another house called the willows who was also waiting for someone to look at some trees! the one i was looking for was about a mile down the road !! never will that happen again ! the irony is that i got the job i wasnt looking for but never got the one i was ,lol :001_smile: