waste carriers licence

Peter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one I came across three years ago, a guy from the EA told me that every tree surgeon should get a recycling exemption certificate for every site he chips at (unless it is a farm doing under a certain amount every year). The fine was minimal, but to fill yet more paperwork, at an extra admin cost, with no one to read it, store it for a few years then dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner seems crazy. But not as crazy as he told those present that it was the surgeons duty to find out about this rule, not theirs to highlight it!

I've read and re-read the site environment agency rubbish and from what I can gather you don't need one but I'd like to try and explain that to some jumped up council official who doesn't understand their own guidelines. If you were going to tip your waste, which seems a bit pointless as most of it can be recycled and the obscene amount you get charged for tipping, then you'd probably need a lisence not from the legal point of view but from the tip requiring you to have one before you can tip. In answer to the original question though I don't have one but then I'm not exactly doing much in the way of tree work other than as favours (paid) for friends till I'm all legit.

how can you purchase it

you've made it '

its not their woodchipper is it !!!

I think, from what I've heard somewhere, that logs, woodchip and even waste products are all the property of the landowner, and as such they are responsible for ensuring that all waste and by-products from any works carried out on their property is disposed of thru the correct channels. And they technically could face the fines/court for not checking how their waste is disposed of, ie if it ended up being fly-tipped.

We cant really moan about this, we crave credibility as a profession, try and distance ourselves from the "pikies" for want of a better word, then we moan about a bit of paperwork.

I think, from what I've heard somewhere, that logs, woodchip and even waste products are all the property of the landowner, and as such they are responsible for ensuring that all waste and by-products from any works carried out on their property is disposed of thru the correct channels. And they technically could face the fines/court for not checking how their waste is disposed of, ie if it ended up being fly-tipped.

We cant really moan about this, we crave credibility as a profession, try and distance ourselves from the "pikies" for want of a better word, then we moan about a bit of paperwork.

Andy I'm not moaning as i have stated I have applied for a wcl, however i thinks its crazy !! another means of collecting tax !

ps they have replied, stating that they cant meet the 35 day criteria & need an extension, saying that if we dont agree they may fail our application

yet more Government targets = misuse of power to ensure they appear to be good at their job, also they 'the ea' dont fail a target requirement

A joke i was recently told

what key can get past any lock

A piKEY