husky 540xp

Johny Walker

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be good when i gets here, i spoke to husky at capel and there playing it to there advantage with the time thing, they field test every modifacation done for a period of time and the way they see it they have NO top handle market at the moment so why rush and bring a piece of rubbish out. I think there taking there time to make sure its the best out there when it does come.

who know though.

That pic is o so last year.:001_rolleyes::001_tongue:

This one has more interesting bits.

Husqvarna T540XP Chainsaw 12-14" - Husqvarna - Chainsaws - Machinery

BTW I dont know I heard August too.

August would be in time for the APF, which would make sense.

Have you seen a prototype Mark?

I can't bring myself to buy a 201 after a lot of people whose judgement I respect have said how poor it is compared to the 200.

I can remember how dog awful the 335 was, however, so it will be interesting for sure.

I'll be buying the New t540 with out a doubt, the 201 IMO are crap, i know Husky have put this saw off from being released and they have done it for a reason. i've seen one in the flesh and even handled it against the 201 and the 540 feels great......husky have gone through all the minor and major problems they had when they where first going to release it and my guess would be they have dissected the 201 down to every nut and pulley cord to make sure they get it right this time.

They need this saw to work they know another climbing saw flop from them will not go down well and cant keep loosing money on this side of the industry.

:biggrin:

August would be in time for the APF, which would make sense.

Have you seen a prototype Mark?

I can't bring myself to buy a 201 after a lot of people whose judgement I respect have said how poor it is compared to the 200.

I can remember how dog awful the 335 was, however, so it will be interesting for sure.

I did mate but only for a few days. Did some conny bashing and chogging, very impressed with it tbh.

They have made some changes from the prototype we had, not exactly sure what but I think they have upped the power a bit.

The saw feels a lot nice to hold and use, thats comparing to the 020 as I havent used a 201 up a tree yet.

I wanted to have a proper run against the 020 but they snatched it back before I had the chance.:thumbdown::laugh1:

I think it will wipe the floor with the 201 tbh, and thats coming from someone who would do jail time if anyone tried to prise an 020 out of my hands.:biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...