Beginners guide to rigging.......

Adam Bourne

Hi adam

I like the theory of this thread so will add a few bits as they become involved or may just do a rigging info link thread depending how it goes or what you wish.

I find very often portawraps are used incorrectly and overloaded or wrong rope diameter or 1 size fits all.

Please look at how the info relates to yours and just have a check.

portawrap.pdf

597660d4bc1f9_fosguide1.jpg.4dd43a2e84888ecd450b42dc3f6c0374.jpg

597660d4b9320_fosguide2.jpg.268cdfa2f33c520e86badc8adee9f4a8.jpg

597660d4b6930_fosportawrap.jpg.46c67fb71b3d375134a315a4cbf56300.jpg

597660d4b4950_Portawrapiscsmall.jpg.cd9a1c26d03c0a85ddda7a02a93d3cdd.jpg

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi adam

I like the theory of this thread so will add a few bits as they become involved or may just do a rigging info link thread depending how it goes or what you wish.

I find very often portawraps are used incorrectly and overloaded or wrong rope diameter or 1 size fits all.

Good post Bob!!!:thumbup1:

I've even heard of numptys bending them :001_rolleyes:

Like this... :blushing:

thats a cracking diagram mate....:thumbup1:

yes in tag lines you could use the 3:1 ratio not only because the groundy might trip up, but keep the line taught at all time may be beneficial to miss targets. but again its using hardware which later on in the thread we will get into, just tring to cover the basic's first but will use this picture again later mate, nice one for the input.........:thumbup:

Hi adam

i'm very happy to have you aboard Bob and thank you for the input, my next piece will be about managing friction with the use of devices and the introduction of pulleys......

post as you like mate if it helps me out you more than welcome to highjack it.

its been a manic couple of days since this thread has been up and running and i'm surprised at the amount of support i'm getting from guys like yourself.

Nick Pott, (arbjobsnick) has been great......:thumbup1:

and along with others the support and advice is second to none.....Thank you.

just as long as the thread is doing its job then i'm happy.

Adam

As shown on the diagram I see lots of new arbs try and wrap the rope around their hands even their waste even after you have told them many times not to do so.We have all been their and have got the friction burns lol .

wrapping rope around their waste? smelly and unhygenic!

Had an anchor point fail on me before, the lump floated to the floor with no problem whatsoever.......

My gloves actually burnt out and had a massive blister between my thumb and finger for days, and they were my favourite rigger gloves aswell.

Had an anchor point fail on me before, the lump floated to the floor with no problem whatsoever.......

My gloves actually burnt out and had a massive blister between my thumb and finger for days, and they were my favourite rigger gloves aswell.

How did this happen Rich?

Not sure when I looked at the system a pulley had disintegrated but it was all smashed up but the timber when it fell. The rope was fine and hinge point at the top was good.

Think a pulley came apart and the rope just went down without any redirect system, my gloves were smoking. Hurt like hell.

I did have a pic of the failed system, will try and find it. We were using a basic simple system, nothing too complicated, now everything gets checked and double checked, would have been a lot worse but it wasn't.