re: Oak trunk for sale

Dts trees

hi Guys and girls i have a Oak butt for sale 1.3m at the widest point upto 0.76m at the tip. 11m in length. here is the pictures of the Oak, access is not great. only one way in could just about get a medium sized lorry into the field to pick it up. Once in the field there is plenty of room to work in. I do want good money for this otherwise will cut for firewood for the client. It came over in the recent freak wind we had, so soft landing most of the limbs took the pounding on the ground. I tried to cut the end near to the stump but my saw is not big enough to cut through! so very much dout there is shake in the main trunk.

please pm me if interested. It is located on the outskirts of Haslemere, (Surrey for people who don't know where it is!) :001_rolleyes:DSC00230.jpg.e96cf27e19259ad68ef568c408c2c070.jpg

DSC00231.jpg.34b7b4d6754f838e4493af8529295bb4.jpg

DSC00232.jpg.0da2370119c31c169f7bb0f425f4e2a8.jpg

DSC00234.jpg.1f9c353416032e8a0daa57eb71b5f2a7.jpg

DSC00235.jpg.9b70d3239a8e53ac6cfe9028fc15ff35.jpg

I wouldn't expect to get very much money for that log. The only section worth milling is the very first one, as the rest is far too branchy.

It might have something to do with the fact that I have a lot of oak at present, but I wouldn't mill that if it were free (access issues, single log away from yard etc).

Good luck with the sale though - if it were me punting it, I'd firewood down to the bottom two sections and try to sell those. Realistically, you might make more money that way.

Jonathan

• Like 2

Guest Infinitree
Interesting lack of root system

Anyone have any ideas why?

Obviously why it fell over but it had stood there for guess 200 years

Most definately used as shelter for livestock over the years-ie Compaction...maybe a Ganoderma at play

I know oaks like damp ground but it looks as if this one's been standing in water. To what extent could/would that contribute to decline? Obviously a willow or alder would be whooping it up there but an oak...?