re: Oak trunk for sale

Dts trees

I know couldn't complete the cut due to not long enough bar!

You'll have fun firewooding it then! :001_tongue:

If you're serious about getting someone to mill it offer it as free but you want any firewood/off cuts and a couple of planks out of it... you'll have more chance then.

:001_smile:

• Haha 1

• 11 years later...
On 01/06/2012 at 23:30, Dts trees said:

hi Guys and girls i have a Oak butt for sale 1.3m at the widest point upto 0.76m at the tip. 11m in length. here is the pictures of the Oak, access is not great. only one way in could just about get a medium sized lorry into the field to pick it up. Once in the field there is plenty of room to work in. I do want good money for this otherwise will cut for firewood for the client. It came over in the recent freak wind we had, so soft landing most of the limbs took the pounding on the ground. I tried to cut the end near to the stump but my saw is not big enough to cut through! so very much dout there is shake in the main trunk.

please pm me if interested. It is located on the outskirts of Haslemere, (Surrey for people who don't know where it is!) :001_rolleyes:DSC00230.jpg.e96cf27e19259ad68ef568c408c2c070.jpg

DSC00231.jpg.34b7b4d6754f838e4493af8529295bb4.jpg

DSC00232.jpg.0da2370119c31c169f7bb0f425f4e2a8.jpg

DSC00234.jpg.1f9c353416032e8a0daa57eb71b5f2a7.jpg

DSC00235.jpg.9b70d3239a8e53ac6cfe9028fc15ff35.jpg

Firewood it. 

On 02/06/2012 at 07:58, Big J said:

I wouldn't expect to get very much money for that log. The only section worth milling is the very first one, as the rest is far too branchy

Id not bother even it if was dumped in my yard and Dave milled it for me. :D 

• Haha 2