Pricing Too High???

DJP Arb

how do you know that the other guy isnt going to have 3 or 4 guys on it

2 climbers, 1 being the company owner the other paid £120.00, 2 groundsman at £80.00 pounds each would still leave a a tasty 370 for the owner/lead climber

of course i havnt seen the job, but you dont know how the other guy looks at it either

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was thinking. If you have a good climber and I mean good then that work you describe should take 1 day for 3 men or a long day for 2. I would be happy to get £650 for that.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Hodge, but without seeing the trees, dropzones and access I can't help really.

Apart from to say that I also think £850 for 2 men for 3 days is way too cheap.

Three days work for £850, you would be in work all the

time around my way, Wot a joke !!, Three man + chipper

+ Van and all the kit £650 to £750. (A DAY)

well said that man.

850 for 3 days work is far too cheap. The the other company do it for less. Walk away with a smile on your face.

Hello,

Personally, I would dress professional, clean t shirt with company brand and arrive NOT in a Jag/new pickup etc but a modest small car/van

Look the part and sell your quality.

Not every client wants the cheapest, they also may want the work done by a pro.

Don't forget that other pro's still make errors!

Your not alone there.

Maybe they asked for a cash payment?

Maybe the company that got the job is on its uppers, desperate and scratching around for some turnover.

I recently won a job by telling the client by all means to go for the lower quote from my competitor but I also sent the client images of work done AND previous quotes to back up my pricing.

I won with only a small reduction as a commercial gesture.

I also lose on quotes from people with no business sense or long term view.

Who forget to price in the real cost of equipment and forget that magic word "profit"...

Well, they may be content to pay themselves the minimum wage but I have better aspirations in life.

There will always be busy fools out there my friend.

I personally aim to work less for more than more for less.

I'm up against guys who put a 2 man team out there for 40% lower than us.:confused1:

Question is...for how long? That old chipper will break down one day and that truck will let them down and anyway, they may like holidaying in Bognor whilst I sun myself in my second home in Morocco...:biggrin:

Ty

Does sound like a days work to me. I had a similar day yesterday with an hours drive between the two trees.

I'd forget all about it if I were you. I'll often offer to give people the numbers of other contractors, they rarely take them and they never ever phone them.