poor pay

brewx1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of decorum would have been advised IMO, should have contacted Steve before posting to make sure.

Pay is pay, take it or leave it. Realistically I'm probably on no more than 14000 annul, it's more about the benefits for me, the use of works trailers for clearing rubbish from my house, use of tools if I need them, and the use of workshop space.

I'm happy for the pay I get and it damn well beats the dole, I would be a drunk or on hard drugs if I couldn't work and don't know what I'd do without it.

We have a feedom of choosing what work we do and are not forced into working, I like working as it helps me sleep at night. Knowing I have put in a full day.

So if you want to moan about any pay getting from tree work I suggest you stick to theatre work and leave it, I'm sure there is an unemployed Person out there that would jump at the chance to work in this industry.

Sorry if the last post sounds crude or in some way out of line but it's the way I feel about it.

im a drunk regardless of work:lol::lol:

There seems to be a lot of whining on Arbtalk about money.

We are probably all worth twice what we earn, but that's the way it is.

A big company on here recently offered about £7.5/hr to a newbie and were slagged off. Look at the amount of posts from lads offering to work for nothing!

As long as you are offering minimum wage, the rest is down to choice.

I wish I was 18 again giving my Mam £20 a week all found, but just because you're in your 40's with 3 kids doesn't make you worth any more to the bloke who has to come up with your wage every week.

yep, I agree with you there, but these companies should expect to get slagged off, I pay a brash dragger more than that. I'm self emp in arb, I couldn't have someone working for me on that pay. Its wrong.

I'm more concerned that voicing an opinion on it got my posts wiped and seemed to lock me out of arbtalk, although it appears that that may just be a coincidence

It's a buyer's market - there are far more people wanting work than there are jobs. The cream will always rise to the top, and can subsequently commend high rates, but that only applies to those people with proven skills and work ethic. However, if you are unproven with little/no experience then you take whatever you can get, and you work your bollox off to prove yourself. I worked for free when I first started and took employed work that payed less than what is being offered here, and that was only 10 years ago when times were good. Stop moaning and accept that we are working in an industry with very few barriers to entry - a few nptc certs and you are apparently a qualified arborist! I know I couldn't go out and spend a couple of grand and become a qualified plumber or electrician - in tree work the money comes with experience.

Anyone remember the YTS? Now that was derisory pay but there was enough of us stuck with it as at least it was a job. If you don't like it look elsewhere. I was self employed (still am to some degree) and earned not far short of bugger all. Sufficient to keep the roof above my head and food in my belly but not much more than that. At least I wasn't on the benefit and had a job.

Like I've said before things will only get worse paywise. Colleges are churning out climbers and cutters monthly/weekly/whatever all these people are wanting jobs as well as those already trained, it's basic business supply and demand, don't think theres a lot we can do about it

i think those jobs offered by ctc sound bloody good for someone who wnts/needs job security,sometimes when things are slow a job on the books with holiday,sick pay and zero overheads looks very very appealing!

Ditto that. I'd happily get paid a little less per day if it meant getting work 5 days a week, not having to find work, pay for equipment etc

A bit of decorum would have been advised IMO, should have contacted Steve before posting to make sure.

Pay is pay, take it or leave it. Realistically I'm probably on no more than 14000 annul, it's more about the benefits for me, the use of works trailers for clearing rubbish from my house, use of tools if I need them, and the use of workshop space.

I'm happy for the pay I get and it damn well beats the dole, I would be a drunk or on hard drugs if I couldn't work and don't know what I'd do without it.

We have a feedom of choosing what work we do and are not forced into working, I like working as it helps me sleep at night. Knowing I have put in a full day.

So if you want to moan about any pay getting from tree work I suggest you stick to theatre work and leave it, I'm sure there is an unemployed Person out there that would jump at the chance to work in this industry.

Sorry if the last post sounds crude or in some way out of line but it's the way I feel about it.

I'm not having a moan about my pay getting from tree work, I'm not employed and not looking to be, I do ok from it. Yep, got freedom of choice, and freedom of speech too.? If you want to put up and shut up that's up to you.

I'm not having a moan about my pay getting from tree work, I'm not employed and not looking to be, I do ok from it. Yep, got freedom of choice, and freedom of speech too.? If you want to put up and shut up that's up to you.

In this climate I'd there much choice, companies are not taking aprentiships in, there is that many people out of work they don't need to train anyone as there are fully trained people on the dole.

As far as I can see speech is still free.

So if your not moaning about tree pay why post such things?