Anyone else tearing their Hair out??

Burytreeman

I went yesterdat to price a tree removal. Arrived at the job, narrow acess tree in rear 35ft pine relatively straightforward. Priced it at what i see as a reasonable £125. Was called later to say someone else had quoted £75..

If all went well it was at least a couple of hours work, plus van chipper fuel, understudy etc.. Am i that far out?? Has anyone else a view to share?

All comments Appreciated.. ta:001_huh:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterdat to price a tree removal. Arrived at the job, narrow acess tree in rear 35ft pine relatively straightforward. Priced it at what i see as a reasonable £125. Was called later to say someone else had quoted £75..

If all went well it was at least a couple of hours work, plus van chipper fuel, understudy etc.. Am i that far out?? Has anyone else a view to share?

All comments Appreciated.. ta:001_huh:

HI BURY we get it in the log trade mate i had some ring up monday this week for logs did ask about logs are they hard wood barn dry beech ash just ask about the price thats how some are mate move on no good worry about it all the best go have some somerset cider :thumbup1:jon :thumbup:

Some people lose on on mega bucks, I dont get out of bed Unless the job is more then £250 I simply will not make a penny on it Or the day will have to come to a total of £250 . for me to even think about it Van,Kit,Wage,fuel,etc soon adds up why should i lose out on money if people want work done on the cheap. I may only work 3days a week tops but i still make a profit and turn over more then the guy who undercuts me and needs to work 6days a week.

Your price seems spot on to me... I took a dead eucalyptus out the other week for £100, me plus groundie, no chipper, timber corded & stacked on site, brash piled for burning by the client, awkward climb to get going, tight-ish LZ, took us about 3 & a half hours.

Don't compete with dead men walking....

Your price seems spot on to me... I took a dead eucalyptus out the other week for £100, me plus groundie, no chipper, timber corded & stacked on site, brash piled for burning by the client, awkward climb to get going, tight-ish LZ, took us about 3 & a half hours.

Don't compete with dead men walking....

Wow, £100 for 3 an half hours, that's really really cheap

Wow, £100 for 3 an half hours, that's really really cheap

You reckon? :001_huh: I take my time, one of you boys would have had it done in an hour! :blushing::laugh1:

I though it was about right though... All the kit was mine, paid the groundie £25, took £50 for myself, only consumables were 1 sharpening each of 2 chains & a couple of tanks of fuel, left £25 towards insurance, fuel etc... And that was mates rates!

Edited by WorcsWuss

try not to focus on losing one small job, or you will end up shooting yourself. I recently priced a job at 800, client phoned back to say that someone else was going to do it for 550 and would i beat that price, i told him no way let the other guy break his back for that, i forget all about it and 2 months later the client comes back on the phone, the guys started the job then pissed of, can i sort it out - yes no problem for 840 - ok, when can you start.