How far have you ran/cycled/swam today?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's you're resting heart rate fella's? I've been checking mine and half an hour after getting up I've recorded it as low as 47bpm and as high as 59bpm recently depending on how hard I've trained or worked or both the previous day.

Keep an eye on it, it'll tell you if you're tired or not and therefore how hard to push yourself.

What's you're resting heart rate fella's? I've been checking mine and half an hour after getting up I've recorded it as low as 47bpm and as high as 59bpm depending on how hard I've trained or worked or both the previous day.

Keep an eye on it, it'll tell you if you're tired or not and therefore how hard to push yourself.

Mick this is true to a point. Your resting heart reat sounds good:thumbup1:

Other factors to consider would include overall health, diet, and sleep paterns and general stress levels.

easy-lift guy

80 miles on Saturday with full panniers over some stupid hills!

7 mile run on Sunday. Was supposed to be 13 across Morecombe bay but I failed. Leg was sore from the ride and my energy levels were rock bottom.

Then 80 miles on Monday over some more stupid hills!

Was going to do some canoeing round Windermere too but didn't have time to get the 2star certificated the hire shop required. All in all a pretty good weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i do, just used it today ony 17.33km, its really good, i especially like looking at the data to see where i slackened off as i ran out of steam.

Heres the quick sprint i did today, i tried to find as many uphill sections as i could because i hate cycling on the flat.

• 2 weeks later...

nursed myself through 5.5 miles today. trying to get back into it after sometime out, its a bit depressing as when i was in the marines i wouldnt have broken a sweat but today i was a mess!!:thumbdown:

Also doing an event called 'the bewl barrel race' with a few guys from my local pub. It basically involves a team (up to ten) carrying a full barrel of harveys bitter (55kg ish) around bewl water, roughly 13 miles.The winning team gets a full barrel to drink! should be a good laugh!:thumbup: