Day Rate

ajc

This thread is two years old! I wonder if opinions have changed in that time!!

It dpeends how many days you are offered! If I charged £750 a day for the three man crew as described, I would probably price a years work at a slightly lower rate.

Folk as me what I charge an hour, I say it depends how many hours you want, its a lot for first hour of the day but you have the last one free!

i bet thers been a few rate changes to say the least ,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can operate as a 2 man team and I aim for £250/day. I just use a trailer. All I've got to cover is getting rid of a trailerload which is £25 and then wages for a second guy. Sometimes I don't need one. But if I don't I will charge 150-200 but it can depend on the job.

I wish I could charge £1900 a day!

Euroville France

Here I am taxed/pay social charges at a mere 60% .

I hate to disclose personal details these days but as a guide I look at a minimum of 1200€ per week to cover costs and pay the partners as we are a collaboration taking shares of profit regardless of investment.

Our current target day rate is 480€ plus 30€ per hour for Mr Chips the chipper.

We do exceed that regularly at the moment by doubling our clients..

We are cheap and are raising little by little our rate until we reach a 75% quote acceptance ( currently 95% too high )

There are others who charge 800-1200 for the same work so we are comfortable with our business plan.

Cheers

Ty

It also depends how much work you can get through.

2 decent experienced grafters going flat out can achieve a lot more than 3 cockney builder types sitting in the truck reading The Sun for half the day.

Also depends massively on kit, proximity to tip site etc.

I shouldn't be on this thread. I undercharged for years!

I will say in defence of pricing that we as a collaboration owe no-one nuffin.

We elect profit above costs/ salary/ share to all plus a bonus for the one who has worked most. This always involves a fistfit and wrestling match which attracts more in bets that profit gained

Working hours 9-5, 45 mins for lunch

Sometimes have to travel for 1 1/2 hours to get to work. (rural France)

2 men + chipper

375€ per day will just cover me but there is always the chance of being recommended to others.

Its better me getting the work than some bloke that looks after a garden and has a B & Q chainsaw and a wheel barrow with some big ladders on top.

Shep

Working hours 9-5, 45 mins for lunch

Sometimes have to travel for 1 1/2 hours to get to work. (rural France)

2 men + chipper

375€ per day will just cover me but there is always the chance of being recommended to others.

Its better me getting the work than some bloke that looks after a garden and has a B & Q chainsaw and a wheel barrow with some big ladders on top.

Shep

whats that in english money :confused1: