ifor tipper etc

Matthew Storrs

Went back and got the serial number, will be checking it out tomorrow and purchasing shortly afterwards if it all goes to plan :-)

HI BILLY i was looking 7/8 years ago for a ifor sec hand one but in the end its far better with a new one keep it 2 years then sale it . its free use of a trailer as i lost £200/300 a time happy days and you no if you get a new one it not nicked all the best jon :thumbup:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI BILLY i was looking 7/8 years ago for a ifor sec hand one but in the end its far better with a new one keep it 2 years then sale it . its free use of a trailer as i lost £200/300 a time happy days and you no if you get a new one it not nicked all the best jon :thumbup:

I totally agree with this - they make big money second hand and there are dealers selling new ones with decent discounts (ring Morris Bufton and Co in Ludlow and speak to John - he'll sort you out on a new one for not much more than they make second hand).

£4000 ish doesn't seem bad for a new one, but they're so good if I can find a used one for a good price which throne I should've getting is for sure (sub 2 grand) I would sooner go for that as they don't really seem to wear out in my experience, and I've know a few 105s and 126s for quite a few years that've never had a spanner put to them and they get used and abused daily. So we'll see. I certainly won't be paying upwards of £3000 for a new one, dunno what half these people selling em on eBay are thinking with their pricing!

£4000 ish doesn't seem bad for a new one, but they're so good if I can find a used one for a good price which throne I should've getting is for sure (sub 2 grand) I would sooner go for that as they don't really seem to wear out in my experience, and I've know a few 105s and 126s for quite a few years that've never had a spanner put to them and they get used and abused daily. So we'll see. I certainly won't be paying upwards of £3000 for a new one, dunno what half these people selling em on eBay are thinking with their pricing!

HI BILLY on ebay there making very good money far better ring around for a old mob ring t. h whites frome there a good price ring up a lot of dealers mate but i think your better off with a new one sale it in 2 years when tyres are down as they cost £100 with the rim you have the use of a free trailer i done it for years i sold my ifor in the summer when ifor were off for 2 weeks and theres no tippers a round :laugh1:all the best jon :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Im after some points on tipping trailers, i will be buying new and until recently i have been set on the atlas tipper, howerver i have read that the trailer frame is made in china?? and this has got me thinking of other makes, does anyone know if they galvanise the atlas in UK or is that done in china too and if so what is the quality of galvanising.

I currently have an Ifor 2009 flatbed which i am impressed with bar a few rivets coming loose but I see Ifor are bringing out a 2012 new tipper which has a higher payload than the atlas.

I am quite keen to stay with Ifor because dealers are near me and parts are pletifull but have heard that there quality control has slipped compared to their older models.

Any thoughts on either models? If someone can convince me of either model would be good as i keep changing my mind!

thanks, matt

Hi mate,

We just bought a Atlas tipper trailer and are quite impressed so far.

We were under the same impression but it turns out they are now made by Graham Edwards Trailer based in York

Livestock Trailers | Plant Trailer | Tipper Trailers | Flatbed Trailer | General Purpose Trailers

Apparantly our trailer was the first one to be completely built in the UK?

Might be worth giving them a call for more info.

We only used it a few time but no problems so far. It tows well and seems to be well built.

HTH - Tim

I have used ifors virtually everyday since 1988, They are pretty much bullet proof imo, at first I ran flatbeds but when I bought my first TT85 the local indespension dealer give me an Indespension to try for a week with a view to buy, I took it back after 3 days, I much prefer springs to indespension units as my turf arrive pretty much where I put them when I left, the turf were all over the place with the indespension trailer.

I would rather pay a bit more for a trailer that I know does the job right and has a very good resale value, I consider the extra I pay is probably less than I would loose when I sold a different make, and Ifor's customer service on a little problem I had was sorted instantly with no questions asked.

I have seriously considered Atlas but decided to stick with Ifor.

The trailer imlookingat isnt a dodgy one, so going ahead with it, but confirming if it had ever been nicked or not was ridiculously hard,the police were absolutely useless and wouldn't tell me anything

I found finding out if an Ifor was nicked ridiculously easy, a quick call to Ifor Williams with the serial number and 5-10 mins job done.