100ft poplar pollard

testcricket01

HOW NOT TO USE A CRANE

had this horrible job today, made impossible by the fact the traffic guys let us down so no traffic lights so gotta go back and finish the roadside eating well into my profit :sneaky2: this poplar was bigger than i expected the crane guy had his boom fully out 28meters of it and still couldnt get the tips in the center hence the top flipping upside down he couldnt get any higher. everything was against this job happening, weather traffic guys letting us down, i was ill this morning. no one wants to do this tree, im tree surgeon number 5 im the only 1 who would take it on. had to be reduced from previous pollard points due to a tree survey saying its starting to go into decline, its a monster of a tree though massive stems i would have loved to have seen it when it hadnt ever been touched!!! video is to follow once uploaded to youtube.

5.jpg.3f1cb3e59ec47e48bba9070b9077e2f4.jpg

4.jpg.93fb13e25ac5c53602894fb849713a27.jpg

2.jpg.1e721f5dcc78c30cec5ce562e6099398.jpg

1.jpg.ae1fc9c59a79c42439c1f2d349b46402.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That tree is huge! Go very carefully tomorrow, what do you mean "nobody wanted to do it"?

Did you visit the tree before hand or was it just turn up and draw straws on who was going to do it? Traffic guys didn't show up? I would have bailed and they could pay for the wasted day.

you say it was bigger than expected.Had you not seen it before starting the job ?

Not necessarily.I have gone to look at stuff before then climbed it and wondered if I'm up the right tree! Fair play James. She looks like a beast. Looking forward to the video

Didn't the crane company come and assess the job before sending out an inadequate crane?

That tree is huge! Go very carefully tomorrow, what do you mean "nobody wanted to do it"?

Did you visit the tree before hand or was it just turn up and draw straws on who was going to do it? Traffic guys didn't show up? I would have bailed and they could pay for the wasted day.

you say it was bigger than expected.Had you not seen it before starting the job ?

Steve firstly thanks for sponsership, they did meet me onsite the only crane that would fit was this 1 he could have put fly jib on but then lifting capacity is really small.

The traffic guys werent allowed to do it because of street works people wouldnt allow that date but we had everything booked for that date and not enough time to cancel so had to make most of what we could do.

I ment as in i wouldnt have dreamed that tree was anywhere near that high.

HOW NOT TO USE A CRANE

had this horrible job today, made impossible by the fact the traffic guys let us down so no traffic lights so gotta go back and finish the roadside eating well into my profit :sneaky2: this poplar was bigger than i expected the crane guy had his boom fully out 28meters of it and still couldnt get the tips in the center hence the top flipping upside down he couldnt get any higher. everything was against this job happening, weather traffic guys letting us down, i was ill this morning. no one wants to do this tree, im tree surgeon number 5 im the only 1 who would take it on. had to be reduced from previous pollard points due to a tree survey saying its starting to go into decline, its a monster of a tree though massive stems i would have loved to have seen it when it hadnt ever been touched!!! video is to follow once uploaded to youtube.

Was this the job Dan gave you? Thought the council street works office said if you used Traffic it had to be done on a sunday?? It was nice today in the office writing reports about 20 degrees and not a hint of rain :lol: Good job.