Is there a northern Spudulike?

growforest

I think Spud, Elfinwood and the rest add way more than they take (if that's even the right word) from here. Personally it's nice to know that people back up what they say on here - all the videos, positive reviews etc. posted by Spud just add weight to his opinions.

Think Steve is 100% right on this one - common sense rules the day!

I should probably add that I don't know either of them, have never bought from them nor currently take back handers...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how threads develop. The OP merely wanted a saw techie in the north, and a debate started on the merits of dealerships v one man bands, good and bad dealers, etc.

A few references to me have been made, mostly positive, thank you.

In response to some of the comments

Someone said something like " some dealers want to be here but dont want to pay.

I hope that was not aimed at me, I am here to learn from some, and hopefully be able to help others. I have no interest in making sales to forum members unless I am able to supply something they are having trouble obtaining. Therefore with no commercial interest I do not want to be a sponsor. I do however enjoy the forum and will contribute to raffles etc in the future.

There was a comment that I was the only dealer to give location. This is only because I feel it makes me 'real' I do not need to be anonymous.

I have a great respect for Spud, and agree completely that there is an important place for guys like him. I know that many jobs are not cost effective at my hourly rates and that others can work cheaper. If these guys are good they have my support. I have established quite a good forum friendship with Spud.

With the 'one man band v dealer' thing. I am also a 'one man band', well not strictly true, I am 'one man and his wife, band' Its just that I do it full time as a Ltd Company, with franchises.

As to whether I am one of the good dealers, only my satisfied customers can answer that.

Credit where credits due DM Chainsaws in Yapton west sussex have been servicing saws for my family for nearly 20 years and have never once been anything other than true professionals :thumbup1:

Matt the co owners is on hand 6 days a week and wheather its for advice or new kit cant be beaten imho.

And I was surprised to find that their price was as competitive as anywhere on line when I bought my 560XP!

Another nice post Gardenkit,theres roomfor all on here,& we come from different angles,that gives the forum depth & knowledge.

Yup, from our forum comms, Barrie (GardenKit) seems like a nice bloke with a good customer focus and a genuine interest in his business and customers needs.

Second Geoffs comments:thumbup: