Stolen Timberwolf

patrickosborne

Theft of any kind leads to all kinds of emotions, looking for a target to blame, deep anger, and a feeling that the law does nothing to help us. This leads to a deep resentment and a distrust of people. I'm still having those feelings now, and every time I see someones been targetted it gets my back up. Infighting does nothing to solve it, we have to work together, let each other know where the activities are being focussed, and be alert.

Patrick, you have my heartfelt sympathies, especially at the moment when times are tight enough already.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update to you all. Thanks for the concern and sorry for starting a fight, I guess I am still raw from it.

The guys stole it from my premises in Waltham Abbey,Essex there were three of them that the neighbour could see, when they realised he had spotted them they showed their fists and told him to go or otherwise.!!! he then phoned the police, these guys were proffesionals they had checked out my security previously.

It also appears that prior to my chipper being stolen last night they broke into a locked compound in Epping/Harlow and pulled out a four wheel vermeed from Gristwoods once on the road a lorry pulled up and put ramps down,winched it in and drove towards Waltham Abbey. Also just up the road from me three guys in balaclavas held up the local truck stop on junction 26 M25.

All of this on the same evening, all I can think right now is that I'm glad I didn't disturb them, all my family are in a bungalow right next to where I keep my tools and chipper.!!!( what price is a Life?)

Anyway I spent the day driving my landrover to worcester to buy a 2003 35/150 and it looks the business , lookinbg forward to trying it out tommorow.

Pat

Just an update to you all. Thanks for the concern and sorry for starting a fight, I guess I am still raw from it.

The guys stole it from my premises in Waltham Abbey,Essex there were three of them that the neighbour could see, when they realised he had spotted them they showed their fists and told him to go or otherwise.!!! he then phoned the police, these guys were proffesionals they had checked out my security previously.

It also appears that prior to my chipper being stolen last night they broke into a locked compound in Epping/Harlow and pulled out a four wheel vermeed from Gristwoods once on the road a lorry pulled up and put ramps down,winched it in and drove towards Waltham Abbey. Also just up the road from me three guys in balaclavas held up the local truck stop on junction 26 M25.

All of this on the same evening, all I can think right now is that I'm glad I didn't disturb them, all my family are in a bungalow right next to where I keep my tools and chipper.!!!( what price is a Life?)

Anyway I spent the day driving my landrover to worcester to buy a 2003 35/150 and it looks the business , lookinbg forward to trying it out tommorow.

Pat

Sorry about your chipper. As you say some of these guys come tooled up to the nine's, and it sounds like they were proffesional theives.

Hope the new one works out ok

Theres no need to be sorry likes been said tempers and emotions are running high since ive been on the forum the ammount of things that have been stolen is unbelievable, sound like you were lucky not to catch them.

If ive said anything out of order apolygise

Edited by Ian Leach

How about a thread were stolen kit is listed and we can all see how vulnerable we are and show it to the police and ask them to justyfy there wages because in my oppinion i dont think they do enough to stop crime like this not only in the arb industry but in construction etc

How about a thread were stolen kit is listed and we can all see how vulnerable we are and show it to the police and ask them to justyfy there wages because in my oppinion i dont think they do enough to stop crime like this not only in the arb industry but in construction etc

Dunno about you areas, but where I am we have one beat officer for an area of something like 50 sq/miles, he has to chase up those on probation who miss a meeting, fill out piles of red tape paperwork, and all the other tedium that stops him actually policing the area. He has 2 PCSOs with him, to cover the area when he's off duty, and we al know what they are like. I dont have an issue with the police, but more the funding thats cutting their resources to the bone, and a failing legal system that doesnt support the police when they do catch a criminal.

Dunno about you areas, but where I am we have one beat officer for an area of something like 50 sq/miles, he has to chase up those on probation who miss a meeting, fill out piles of red tape paperwork, and all the other tedium that stops him actually policing the area. He has 2 PCSOs with him, to cover the area when he's off duty, and we al know what they are like. I dont have an issue with the police, but more the funding thats cutting their resources to the bone, and a failing legal system that doesnt support the police when they do catch a criminal.

Agree Andy, same round here, large area and limited coppers, and to be honest the legal system is crap anyway, so when there caught they know nowt is really going to happen. pro crims take jail as a working hazard so that don't work, infact there better looked after and have more rights inside.:mad1: